Ms. Advised

Ms. Represented

Question

:angry::wacko: I bought this software three months ago. I didn't want to whine, or appear "ungrateful/ stupid" so I waited this long to post.

I've tweaked everything from "Kingdom Come" to codecs....and tried the patience of every techhie grandchild I have, to no avail ;to get this software to work/ install. I've researched error codes, and dinked with stuff from disk cleaners to suspending my firewalls/virus protections ( ie: clean install).

This software has driven me to smoke ciggarettes. It's gotten that bad. ( I quit decades ago..ciggarettes, that is).

I guess; bottom line is that I don't fault Roxio that their software is tricky...I hate the fact that EASY is part of the title. :angry: Folks who have quanities of VHS tapes to convert, tend to covet that term, and expect that word means something.

I've been to Fry's ( they won't take it back)....and I guess I am destined to try to pawn it off at my next yard sale ( caveat emptor). I live in the bay area, so I've considered driving up to Sonic hdqts....which is not gasoline effective.

Yes, it is expensive to entrust your video copying to an outside agency...but TIME is MONEY, and the scales are balancing in that direction, in my opinion.

Bottom line, if your computer isn't brand new and you don't HAVE excess hair to pull out, pass this up.

10 answers to this question

:angry::wacko: I bought this software three months ago. I didn't want to whine, or appear "ungrateful/ stupid" so I waited this long to post.

I've tweaked everything from "Kingdom Come" to codecs....and tried the patience of every techhie grandchild I have, to no avail ;to get this software to work/ install. I've researched error codes, and dinked with stuff from disk cleaners to suspending my firewalls/virus protections ( ie: clean install).

This software has driven me to smoke ciggarettes. It's gotten that bad. ( I quit decades ago..ciggarettes, that is).

I guess; bottom line is that I don't fault Roxio that their software is tricky...I hate the fact that EASY is part of the title. :angry: Folks who have quanities of VHS tapes to convert, tend to covet that term, and expect that word means something.

I've been to Fry's ( they won't take it back)....and I guess I am destined to try to pawn it off at my next yard sale ( caveat emptor). I live in the bay area, so I've considered driving up to Sonic hdqts....which is not gasoline effective.

Yes, it is expensive to entrust your video copying to an outside agency...but TIME is MONEY, and the scales are balancing in that direction, in my opinion.

Bottom line, if your computer isn't brand new and you don't HAVE excess hair to pull out, pass this up.

Now that you have finished your rant perhaps you could tell us what problems you are having.

Your computer does not have to be brand new. I have it installed on a 7 year old dell and it works just fine although very slow of course. It also works fine in my VIsta 64 laptop.

Of course if you don't want any help then this topic can be closed.

Edited by myguggi

When I first tried to use product, capture pane was grayed out...So I uninstalled and attempted a "clean install". After a myriad of messages later ( only a few of which I wrote down) I walked away, frustrated.

The problems I encountered that I noted were:

Error code 0012 during installation

also...emBDA.sys on Roxio BDA Driver Disk is needed.

I searched for that... my computer says it is in c:\WINDOWS\system32\RinstallBackups\0014\Driver Files

Didn't know what to with that info....do I send it somewhere?

I have an hp pavilion 754n computer(XP)Pentium 4 processor, Intel 828456GL/GE/PE/GV graphics controller( I checked for updates on that) am using an S cord to connect my vcr to computer, and I do have enhanced USB 2 port.

I would very much appreciate any help I could get. I have limited computer experience...and a ton of old family memories on vhs that I would dearly love to preserve on dvd.

Thanks.

try to copy the files on your installation disc to your hard drive then install from the hard drive.

I have never heard of “emBDAsys”???

Your first step would be to look at cdanteek’s pinned post at the top and compare his pictures with yours. If they don’t match, it isn’t going to ever work.

You never said if you installed the SP2 update for V2D? Gotta have that one too.

I have never heard of "emBDAsys"???

Your first step would be to look at cdanteek's pinned post at the top and compare his pictures with yours. If they don't match, it isn't going to ever work.

You never said if you installed the SP2 update for V2D? Gotta have that one too.

Would this have something to do with a BlueRay disc?

Would this have something to do with a BlueRay disc?

Not part of the product… AVCHD & BD are excluded.

It Googles several hits but nothing Roxio...

I have never heard of “emBDAsys”???

Your first step would be to look at cdanteek’s pinned post at the top and compare his pictures with yours. If they don’t match, it isn’t going to ever work.

:) I printed out the cdanteek pinned post, remembered to breathe, followed the step by steps slowly,

and I think I may have got this thing (HOPE)......I have the desktop V2D icon on my desktop....that's a good sign, yes?! I've downloaded the SP2update....but didn't know where to put it? so I saved the zipped file to my desktop ( didn't know if I should run it or save it?)

Don't mean to seem dense, ( truth is before this I thought "copy and paste" was tricky)

So what do I do with that update?

Thanks for all the help. Before I went gray, I was blonde :rolleyes:

Blonde = gray + color :lol:

The SP2 update should be downloaded/saved/run.

Then run that V2D Icon and see what happens…

Blonde = gray + color :lol:

The SP2 update should be downloaded/saved/run.

Then run that V2D Icon and see what happens…

********************************************************************************

*********** Since my last post, I've now got 5 new icons on my desktop....2 zip: Roxi0 c2009USB capture driver & DSP2, 2 .exe....also two Folder files (setup.exe) & (DSP2.exe) for both of the above. And One icon marked Setup Launcher Unicode.

I started the software..... followed the instructions for PLUG AND BURN which are in the booklet that accompanied this program.....Nothing but splash screen ( I guess it is called) in the area where my video is sposed to be previewing....I do get audio, and capture clock is running.then I get this: Error while burning to disk .\DS Burner.cpp(1478):***error 80004005=m_spGraphMgr->StopGraph() .....following that is a little square box, that I can't find a corresponding button for on my keyboard.

I then recall that often it is suggested just to use CAPTURE instead of plug & burn.

When I do that ,I get status: no signal, and capture preview area is just black.

I am plugged directly into back of my computer, and using an S cord. I am using an Sony DVD+R disk, which is specified in my hp pc support guide.

I have done all that I can think of, short of putting one of those novenas to St.Jude in the newspaper. :)

Am I missing something?

PS I did find original error code notes that occured when I first tried to install software...( several months and much tweaking my puter ago...they read:

Burn Engine error codes last sate 1 error code 2147200984 and last sate 17 error code 2147418113

Sorry this is so long, just trying to be specific.....and keep my patience. AND NOT SMOKE ( so far so good, on that end). :blink:

Thanks again....bunches.

Time to put down the mouse and pick up the phone!

This has gone beyond the usual question answer postings, you need to talk one-on-one with a technician.