• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Zapper for EMC 8?

sunnyscapes

Question

6 answers to this question

The 2 programs do different things.Roxizap is for cleaning up remnants of Roxio left after the uninstall routine.It's supposed to remove all traces of Roxio products.The Microsoft Install Cleanup utility specifically goes after install information,it doesn't remove program folders or files or registry entries not pertaining to the install routine.If you were having the install box pop up all the time this is why the MICU fixed it.It usually is a good idea to run both of these programs after doing the uninstall although you need to be careful because of the way Roxizap cleans it has a habit of affecting other burning applications.

Is there a Roxio Zap for EMC 8?

I seem to have the Zapper for versions 4/5.

I uninstalled Roxio EMC 8 , but the Updater in Control Panel is still there.

Thanks,

Sunny :)

A search of the forum would have found many instances of Roxizap. Use with care. It will remove all traces of any Roxio software. You might want to create a restore point before doing anything.

Another thing it might do is remove drive appearances from other DVD making or copying software you have.If it does all you should have to do is reinstall that software.At least that's all I've had to do.

I used roxio and it said it was removing roxio 5 -6 and the remnant of EMC 8 is still there

Thank you for the link....

I did a search for the Zapit program in these posts. I got an error message each time I tried different wording searches, before and after I logged IN!! heh. I also searched the knowledge base... nada there too. It probably would have helped to know the actual name of the program, I guess. :)

Thanks for the heads up..... all I have installed, right now, is Windows Media Player 10, and Creative Play Center. I had to reinstall Canon Zoombrowser, for some reason the USB connection was lost to my SC card through my camera. I saw a post about the Canon camera connections, but for the life of me, I can't find it now. LOL

Thank for all the help,

Sunny

A search of the forum would have found many instances of Roxizap. Use with care. It will remove all traces of any Roxio software. You might want to create a restore point before doing anything.

Thank you for the link....

I did a search for the Zapit program in these posts. I got an error message each time I tried different wording searches, before and after I logged IN!! heh. I also searched the knowledge base... nada there too. It probably would have helped to know the actual name of the program, I guess. :)

Another thing it might do is remove drive appearances from other DVD making or copying software you have.If it does all you should have to do is reinstall that software.At least that's all I've had to do.

Thanks for the heads up..... all I have installed, right now, is Windows Media Player 10, and Creative Play Center. I had to reinstall Canon Zoombrowser, for some reason the USB connection was lost to my SC card through my camera. I saw a post about the Canon camera connections, but for the life of me, I can't find it now. LOL

Thank for all the help,

Sunny

Archived