• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EZCD 6 Platinum Crash

I tried to burn a CD a few days ago and when I clicked on 'burn', the system crashed/rebooted. I did a 'repair' and still have system crashes/reboots when I try to burn a CD. My burner is recognized and my programs are up to date, according to when I try to apply the update. What other options do I have to resolve my issue? My version is 6x Platinum

I tried to burn a CD a few days ago and when I clicked on 'burn', the system crashed/rebooted. I did a 'repair' and still have system crashes/reboots when I try to burn a CD. My burner is recognized and my programs are up to date, according to when I try to apply the update. What other options do I have to resolve my issue? My version is 6x Platinum

Is this a new installation or was it working ok last week?

What program in ECDC 6 were you using?

Did you try using another program within the suite to see if that works?.

Is this a new installation or was it working ok last week?

What program in ECDC 6 were you using?

Did you try using another program within the suite to see if that works?.

No, it's not a new installation. Other parts work. I was using the CD Creator part of the program, trying to add files to a CD. At one time this worked fine. The disk copier works as does the player.

No, it's not a new installation. Other parts work. I was using the CD Creator part of the program, trying to add files to a CD. At one time this worked fine. The disk copier works as does the player.

It would appear that maybe you have a corrupt file. Any chance of trying a file that you have copied before, that is still on your hard drive.

One more thing, you say that you are"trying to add files to a CD"...........does this mean you already have written some files to the cd and your adding more files too it?.

It would appear that maybe you have a corrupt file. Any chance of trying a file that you have copied before, that is still on your hard drive.

One more thing, you say that you are"trying to add files to a CD"...........does this mean you already have written some files to the cd and your adding more files too it?.

I did try a different file, one that I downloaded and it too crashed the system. Yes, the CD-RW did have files on it but I've been adding them as 'multi-session' to keep the cd 'open' and available for other files.

Another thing, I tested the Audio Central and am getting an error when it starts to open - "MediaSX: Com Interface error. Invalid Pointer."

Again, I deleted EZCD 6 using the Add/Delete option, then ran ROXIZAP program and reinstalled EZCD 6 with updates. I used the Roxio Document "How to Uninstall EZCD6 Using the ROXIZAP Program". I've done this only once.

I did try a different file, one that I downloaded and it too crashed the system. Yes, the CD-RW did have files on it but I've been adding them as 'multi-session' to keep the cd 'open' and available for other files.

Another thing, I tested the Audio Central and am getting an error when it starts to open - "MediaSX: Com Interface error. Invalid Pointer."

Again, I deleted EZCD 6 using the Add/Delete option, then ran ROXIZAP program and reinstalled EZCD 6 with updates. I used the Roxio Document "How to Uninstall EZCD6 Using the ROXIZAP Program". I've done this only once.

Have a look at this post.... http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=5360

look at the very last entry from user lappy

Have a look at this post.... http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=5360

Unfortunately, I'm using Win98se and not Win XP so the article doesn't apply. I dont even find the 'Roxio folder' to which the article references in Win98se.

Unfortunately, I'm using Win98se and not Win XP so the article doesn't apply. I dont even find the 'Roxio folder' to which the article references in Win98se.

I admit I'm no expert on V.6, but a couple of thoughts -

When you did the unintall/reinstall, you probably broke the pointer links for Audio Central. I think that's what the error message is complaining about.

You say you've copied to this disc before. How much free space is left on it? In addition to the files you add, there is an "overhead" of about 15MB for the first time, and 10MB for each subsequent session, so you may simply have run out of space. It's worth checking (right-click on the burner icon in My Computer or Windows Explorer > properties).

Lynn

I admit I'm no expert on V.6, but a couple of thoughts -

When you did the unintall/reinstall, you probably broke the pointer links for Audio Central. I think that's what the error message is complaining about.

You say you've copied to this disc before. How much free space is left on it? In addition to the files you add, there is an "overhead" of about 15MB for the first time, and 10MB for each subsequent session, so you may simply have run out of space. It's worth checking (right-click on the burner icon in My Computer or Windows Explorer > properties).

Lynn

Thanks for the pointer Lynn. Some time ago I did use EZCD 6x to copy files to a CD and burn it but this time it failed. After my most recent reply, I did a reinstall/over-write/repair and now the only thing that causes the crash is when I try to use the Creator Classic to burn CDs after adding files to the 'play list' at the bottom. No matter which file I try to add, I still get crashes so it's not the file structure. The Audio Central now seems to work as I can play CDs using the player. As I mentioned above, when I uninstalled EZCD, I used the Roxizap program which was supposed to clean out the registry as well as deleting all files. The program was made for ver. 4x and 5x so I don't know if it did in fact remove version 6x or just faked it.

Thanks for the pointer Lynn. Some time ago I did use EZCD 6x to copy files to a CD and burn it but this time it failed. After my most recent reply, I did a reinstall/over-write/repair and now the only thing that causes the crash is when I try to use the Creator Classic to burn CDs after adding files to the 'play list' at the bottom. No matter which file I try to add, I still get crashes so it's not the file structure. The Audio Central now seems to work as I can play CDs using the player. As I mentioned above, when I uninstalled EZCD, I used the Roxizap program which was supposed to clean out the registry as well as deleting all files. The program was made for ver. 4x and 5x so I don't know if it did in fact remove version 6x or just faked it.

For Windows 98, try the following:

For Windows 98/ME

-----------------

1) Close any open programs, especially those included with Easy CD/DVD Creator 6

2) Press CTRL-ALT-DELETE on your keyboard which should launch TASK MANAGER.

3) End task on any programs running referring to EASY CD CREATOR including but not limited to MEDIADB.EXE, PLAYLIST.EXE, and RXMON.EXE

4) Find the ROXIO folder located in c:\windows\application data

5) Right click on the ROXIO folder there and choose RENAME. Call the folder ROXIO.OLD

6) Now restart the application that was giving you that error message and it should no longer come up.

NOTE: If you are unable to rename the folder because permission is denied or the folder may be in use, boot the machine in safe mode and then rename the folder. Then reboot in normal mode and continue with step 6.

Hope this will help.

From the EXTREMELY LIMITED info you have given us, as you've dodged our questions, I wouldn't rule out

• possible burner failure
  • possible CD-RW failure
  • possible full CD

We aren't in a position to look over your shoulder, so the only information we have is what you give us.

Oh - and I suspect you've deleted all your Audio Central registry links when you did the uninstall/reinstall.

Lynn

From the EXTREMELY LIMITED info you have given us, as you've dodged our questions, I wouldn't rule out
  • possible burner failure
  • possible CD-RW failure
  • possible full CD

We aren't in a position to look over your shoulder, so the only information we have is what you give us.

Oh - and I suspect you've deleted all your Audio Central registry links when you did the uninstall/reinstall.

Lynn

When it was working before, was it working with or without the latest patches from the Roxio website? Keep in mind that I've seen "sudden" CD Creator burner crashes with version 6 when patches wasn't at the latest and greatest... and this without reasons... not sure if that applies to your case or not though.

When you did the uninstall/reinstall have you then installed all the EZCD 6 patches from the Roxio web site? The Engine patch would be the 1st one to install (and then reboot). AudioCentral would be second and would also require a reboot. Then all remaining patches can be applied all in once and I'd recommend to reboot one more time.

About the MediaSX: COM Interface Error, I gave you the procedure on an earlier reply to to get rid of this error. Before proceeding though, please make sure that you install the latest and greatest AudioCentral patch from the Roxio web site.

Keep everyone posted if you're still having issues.

Archived