Sign in to follow this  
Keweenaw Kid

CD Properties Button

I am using "Business Edition Version 7" of Sonic RecordNow, which was pre-installed on my IBM laptop as "IBM RecordNow". I'm running XP Professional.

According to the help files, I can set certain options and add CD text when creating a music CD by selecting a track in the "Music To Burn" area, and then clicking the "CD Properties" button.

However, I am unable to find a CD Properties button anywhere on the screen.

I can change the name of a track by selecting it and hitting F2, but can't make any other change. What am I doing wrong or overlooking?

Thank you & best regards, Bill Denning

I am using "Business Edition Version 7" of Sonic RecordNow, which was pre-installed on my IBM laptop as "IBM RecordNow". I'm running XP Professional.

<snip>

Software that came pre-installed with a computer or came with a burner is OEM [Original Equipment Mfgr] software, and often lacks features that are available in the full, retail Version.

What is OEM software?

Your best bet would be to contact IBM, who should know what functions are included or deleted, and how to use them.

Lynn

Edited by lynn98109

According to the help files, I can set certain options and add CD text when creating a music CD by selecting a track in the "Music To Burn" area, and then clicking the "CD Properties" button.

However, I am unable to find a CD Properties button anywhere on the screen.

Hi Bill,

If you have any version of Sonic RecordNow, this should be available to you. It seems the previous poster hasn't actually tried this, so she can't help you. :(

The help files don't tell you how to find the 'CD Properties' button. Try this please:

-select a track, and right-click on it. The Properties button should then appear.

post-208-1248342625.jpg

-click on that and the 'Edit Properties for the selected track(s)' box will appear. You can fill in the 'Album' tab with text that applies to the whole album, and/or the 'Track' tab for text which only applies to that track. Click OK to exit that dialog box.

post-208-1248342656.jpg

-do the same for other tracks to enter their unique text, and when you're finished, click the Burn button.

This will burn your disc with the CD-Text you entered. Please be aware that not many software players will display CD-Text. Even Windows Media Player needs a special plug-in to do that. One neat little free player which will display CD-Text off a burned disc is the HACP player which can be found HERE or any of a hundred other sites on the 'net.

Please let me know if you can find this button in your Business Edition of the software.

Regards,

Brendon

Hi Bill,

If you have any version of Sonic RecordNow, this should be available to you. It seems the previous poster hasn't actually tried this, so she can't help you. :(

The help files don't tell you how to find the 'CD Properties' button. Try this please:

-select a track, and right-click on it. The Properties button should then appear.

<snip>

Please let me know if you can find this button in your Business Edition of the software.

Regards,

Brendon

Brendon,

Unfortunately, right clicking on the track name in the Music To Burn area has no effect. So perhaps Lynn is right, and the feature isn't included in the OEM version that IBM put on my laptop. I kind of doubt that IBM would give any kind of support for a product that's 3+ years old, as even the extended hardware warranty that I bought has now expired.

Roxio support wouldn't answer my question, saying I should upgrade to new software, which I don't want to do, because version 7 of RecordNow works just fine, except for not being able to add CD text.

Thanks for your help, Bill

Brendon said

Please be aware that not many software players will display CD-Text. Even Windows Media Player needs a special plug-in to do that. One neat little free player which will display CD-Text off a burned disc is the HACP player which can be found HERE

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Multime...ayers/HACP.html

or any of a hundred other sites on the 'net.

Did you chedk it with HACP? If there is CD text, it would show.

Lynn