• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Impossible to Install EMC 8

lburdy

Question

I have a very stubborn problem installing Easy Media Creator 8, P/N 150155-02 on a home computer with XP SP2. I get the message that "Installscript engine is missing. Install isscript.msi etc."

I have full administrator rights. The Creator 8 setup.exe version is 2.1.85.0.

I installed Windows Installer 3.1 v2. No help, still get the same message.

I have deleted the driver file from C:\program files\install shield\ and then installed Ikernelupdate.exe.

I still get the error above.

Then I tried installing isscript.msi. I get Error 1406 that I do not have administrator rights, but I do have full rights. I've even tried setting up a new administrator identity on the computer and then tried to install isscript.msi. I get the same Error 1406.

There's nothing more to try in the Roxio forums, Install Shield support or Windows knowledge base.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

The computer is a homebuilt with an MSI K7T266 MB, an Athalon 1800 Processor, and 1 GB memory.

8 answers to this question

Thank you for your input Bruce,

I have searched the internet, the Installshield knowledge base, the Roxio knowledge base and the Windows XP knowledge base. I have tried all suggestions that these sources have provided, and there were many, but to no avail.

I think that this problem is rooted in software flaws in the Sonic/Roxio setup programming. There are so many postings complaining about installation difficulties and operation failures with Sonic and Roxio programs that I'm afaid that I may as well give up.

So far, I have spent at least 40 hours working this problem, and still I'm nowhere. I really wonder if the proram would even work correctly after a "successful" installation. I mainly wanted to use the program to burn Tivo shows, since the Sonic burn software is the only brand that will break through the proprietary encoding. My earlier version of MYDVD 6.1 did not work on Tivo burning, even with the patch from Sonic, so why would I expect this one to be any better.

I certainly will not recommend Sonic software to anyone nor will I spend any mor :) e money on their products.

Well, I can't blame you, but as far as all the posting that you see, it is like any other software forum. You sure aren't going to see postings from the multitudes who don't have problems with the software. It is just human nature.

Also, I have no idea where your computer ranks with the Pentiums, so I don't know whether or not it meets the minimum specs.

I had the same problem with the message about ISScript.msi when I tried to install the program. I also tried the steps described above to no avail. However, after stumbling about on the Net, I came across the following site:

http://www.arcanadev.com/install/msi.htm

They had a utility posted there to install isscript.msi, apparently since their software had similar issues. Throwing caution to the wind, I downloaded and ran the utility. Damned if it didn't work. I can't vouch for the web site or the company, but it solved my problem. Good luck.

I have a very stubborn problem installing Easy Media Creator 8, P/N 150155-02 on a home computer with XP SP2. I get the message that "Installscript engine is missing. Install isscript.msi etc."

I have full administrator rights. The Creator 8 setup.exe version is 2.1.85.0.

I installed Windows Installer 3.1 v2. No help, still get the same message.

I have deleted the driver file from C:\program files\install shield\ and then installed Ikernelupdate.exe.

I still get the error above.

Then I tried installing isscript.msi. I get Error 1406 that I do not have administrator rights, but I do have full rights. I've even tried setting up a new administrator identity on the computer and then tried to install isscript.msi. I get the same Error 1406.

There's nothing more to try in the Roxio forums, Install Shield support or Windows knowledge base.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

The computer is a homebuilt with an MSI K7T266 MB, an Athalon 1800 Processor, and 1 GB memory.

Hi

Firstly try looking at this post

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=1129

Also make sure that you have the windows installer 3.1 software updated and installed.

Click here to download installer 3.1

Now here is the thing you may need to do, see if you can delete all the user accounts under the users control panel in the control pannel side, BUT just leave the Main one, the administrator account, now log off and then on again with just that one account.

and try that install again after you have installed the software listed above, allso try to copy the wole cd (EMC8 installs) to a folder on the harddrive and see if that helps.

regards

Neil,

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, none of your suggestions has :) helped.

I aready had installed the latest version of Windows Installer. I also had installed the Kernelupdate file.

I then deleted the only other user in Control Panel, and disabled the Guest idenity. Same message.

Then I copied the CD to a file on another hard drive. Setup.exe stalled on the familiar screen, "Isscript.msi is missing etc.".

Then I moved the EMC 8 cd copy folder to the "C" drive. Same problem. I cleared all temp files and tried again. Still no go.

Any other suggestions? I'm desperate for new ideas.

I tried the Isscript.msi download from the link that you provided. Running the program didn't solve my problem.

I had downloaded an Isscript.msi file from somewhere a couple of weeks ago, and I think it was the same one that you pointed to.

Thanks for the support. I wish that it would have fixed my problem. There has to be a glitch somewhere in the Roxio software. It would be nice if Roxio support would at least acknowledge that there is a problem that needs fixing.

Neil,

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, none of your suggestions has :) helped.

I aready had installed the latest version of Windows Installer. I also had installed the Kernelupdate file.

I then deleted the only other user in Control Panel, and disabled the Guest idenity. Same message.

Then I copied the CD to a file on another hard drive. Setup.exe stalled on the familiar screen, "Isscript.msi is missing etc.".

Then I moved the EMC 8 cd copy folder to the "C" drive. Same problem. I cleared all temp files and tried again. Still no go.

Any other suggestions? I'm desperate for new ideas.

You can do a search on the net on that problem. Here is a link to the first one that I ran across. Maybe the information can help you, or give you a link to other possible solutions.

http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108158

Thank you for your input Bruce,

I have searched the internet, the Installshield knowledge base, the Roxio knowledge base and the Windows XP knowledge base. I have tried all suggestions that these sources have provided, and there were many, but to no avail.

I think that this problem is rooted in software flaws in the Sonic/Roxio setup programming. There are so many postings complaining about installation difficulties and operation failures with Sonic and Roxio programs that I'm afaid that I may as well give up.

So far, I have spent at least 40 hours working this problem, and still I'm nowhere. I really wonder if the proram would even work correctly after a "successful" installation. I mainly wanted to use the program to burn Tivo shows, since the Sonic burn software is the only brand that will break through the proprietary encoding. My earlier version of MYDVD 6.1 did not work on Tivo burning, even with the patch from Sonic, so why would I expect this one to be any better.

I certainly will not recommend Sonic software to anyone nor will I spend any mor :) e money on their products.

Thanks for the support. I wish that it would have fixed my problem. There has to be a glitch somewhere in the Roxio software. It would be nice if Roxio support would at least acknowledge that there is a problem that needs fixing.

if it's a glitch for Roxio software, why does it happen to the installation for other software as well? looks like InstallShield problem to me...

Archived