Capn Pugwash

Bloody Useless

Question

14 answers to this question

Is Roxio Easy VHS to DVD the nastiest little turd ever to float in the toilet bowl of useless applications ?

No but your post is :rolleyes:

It works perfectly for me and many others. If you have a problem why not state it instead of making childish posts :blink:

No but your post is :rolleyes:

It works perfectly for me and many others. If you have a problem why not state it instead of making childish posts :blink:

Having spent a fair amount of money on this and a variety of scart/ s-video connectors & adaptors and more of my patience than warranted I'll be as "childish" as I choose.

It's a turd and no amount of polishing will change that..as chief ^#!& shoveller around here you should make yourself aware that the chance of getting this to work with a UK VCR are between none and zero.

And before you going gobbing off again selling something unfit for purpose, by misreprentation, is an offence.

The use of "easy" would be appear to fraudulent .."includes everything you need to transfer your tape videos and burn them directly onto DVD".. a blatant lie.

"The Trade Descriptions Act 1968 is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom which prevents manufacturers, retailers or service industry providers from misleading consumers as to what they are spending their money on.

This law empowers the judiciary to punish companies or individuals who make false claims about the products or services that they sell.

Applying a false trade description to goods is a strict liability offence: provided it is shown that the description was applied and was false, the accused has to prove certain defences in order to escape conviction.

Each product sold must be as described, of satisfactory quality, and fit for purpose. As described refers to any advert or verbal description made by the trader. Satisfactory quality covers minor and cosmetic defects as well as substantial problems. It also means that products must last a reasonable time. But it doesn't give you any rights if a fault was obvious or pointed out to you at point of sale. Fit for purpose covers not only the obvious purpose of an item but any purpose you queried and were given assurances about by the trader."

Wind in your neck or I'm going to stamp on it very hard.

Having spent a fair amount of money on this and a variety of scart/ s-video connectors & adaptors and more of my patience than warranted I'll be as "childish" as I choose.

It's a turd and no amount of polishing will change that..as chief ^#!& shoveller around here you should make yourself aware that the chance of getting this to work with a UK VCR are between none and zero.

And before you going gobbing off again selling something unfit for purpose, by misreprentation, is an offence.

The use of "easy" would be appear to fraudulent .."includes everything you need to transfer your tape videos and burn them directly onto DVD".. a blatant lie.

"The Trade Descriptions Act 1968 is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom which prevents manufacturers, retailers or service industry providers from misleading consumers as to what they are spending their money on.

This law empowers the judiciary to punish companies or individuals who make false claims about the products or services that they sell.

Applying a false trade description to goods is a strict liability offence: provided it is shown that the description was applied and was false, the accused has to prove certain defences in order to escape conviction.

Each product sold must be as described, of satisfactory quality, and fit for purpose. As described refers to any advert or verbal description made by the trader. Satisfactory quality covers minor and cosmetic defects as well as substantial problems. It also means that products must last a reasonable time. But it doesn't give you any rights if a fault was obvious or pointed out to you at point of sale. Fit for purpose covers not only the obvious purpose of an item but any purpose you queried and were given assurances about by the trader."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I use it and it works, well it does copy the tape, except for frame skips even with the new version :(

Edited by washac

Is Roxio Easy VHS to DVD the nastiest little turd ever to float in the toilet bowl of useless applications ?

No, you must be the problem! i bought it yesterday, hooked it up, did the first video and popped it into imovie and edited and added and tonight made a DVD. It is perfect. So maybe you should flush yourself or learn how to read and follow instructions. A

No, you must be the problem! i bought it yesterday, hooked it up, did the first video and popped it into imovie and edited and added and tonight made a DVD. It is perfect. So maybe you should flush yourself or learn how to read and follow instructions. A

I bought this product recently and find that it has many flaws. It does do what it claims it will do, which is capture VHS and allow the user to create a DVD from the VHS tape, so that there is no fraud that I can see. The numerous problems I have encountered are with the menu creation. The problems are far too numerous to list here. So if someone wants to capture old VHS tapes and burn them to DVD, this product will do the trick and the product will work just fine. However, if that same person wants to create a menu that is somewhat sophisticated in its look, navigation, and sound, then this is definitely not the software to use. The best that can be hoped for is to use what is provided in the package and not try to change any of it because it won't work out very well. On a scale of 1-10 I would say that 5 is average and that this product is a 4. I am only looking for a 6, a software package that is slightly above average in its abilities; one that I find myself pleasantly surprised by its functions and uses. I am going to keep looking. I need to investigate Adobe Premiere Elements 8.

I bought this product recently and find that it has many flaws. It does do what it claims it will do, which is capture VHS and allow the user to create a DVD from the VHS tape, so that there is no fraud that I can see. The numerous problems I have encountered are with the menu creation. The problems are far too numerous to list here. So if someone wants to capture old VHS tapes and burn them to DVD, this product will do the trick and the product will work just fine. However, if that same person wants to create a menu that is somewhat sophisticated in its look, navigation, and sound, then this is definitely not the software to use. The best that can be hoped for is to use what is provided in the package and not try to change any of it because it won't work out very well. On a scale of 1-10 I would say that 5 is average and that this product is a 4. I am only looking for a 6, a software package that is slightly above average in its abilities; one that I find myself pleasantly surprised by its functions and uses. I am going to keep looking. I need to investigate Adobe Premiere Elements 8.

Since you did not give any indication at all of what you think is missing, then your post is pretty useless. Maybe if you were to post what you think should be there, someone could tell if its possible with this software. Making a statement like "The problems are far too numerous to list here" is totally meaningless unless you give at leat a couple of examples.

So help us, dear Digital Guru, since this programme works for you "and many others". Look on the relevant Roxio support page and you will find there are many more of us for whom it does not work.

Our experience is always the same. We copy and transfer the first few VHSs with thrilling success.

Then ....

We start a new project, which appears to be transferring perfectly well. But when we hit the "Stop record" button, a window appears across the "Finish" page, saying "One moment please". On this window a "thermomenter" slowly fills - it seems to take as long as the VHS itself, and when finally it fills, it remains on the screen and

Everything is frozen. "Force quite" is the only solution.

The new title appears in our Movies, but only as a useless file of a few MB.

The so-called Support Page shows that many of us have this solution, and that Roxio's support team are unable to offer any constructive advice.

I had such confidence in Roxio's advertising that I invested in a new CHS player to ensure top quality ... at the moment it seems to be money thrown away.

So, dear Digital Guru - over to you! Please help us all - Captain P. included.

Thanks!

Robinorama

SORRY! I SHOULD HAVE TYPED "FORCE QUIT" NOT "FORCED QUIT"!

Robinorama

SORRY AGAIN - I MEAN 'FORCED QUIT' NOT 'FORCED QUITE'! BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I INTENDED.

Robinorama

So help us, dear Digital Guru, since this programme works for you "and many others". Look on the relevant Roxio support page and you will find there are many more of us for whom it does not work.

Our experience is always the same. We copy and transfer the first few VHSs with thrilling success.

Then ....

We start a new project, which appears to be transferring perfectly well. But when we hit the "Stop record" button, a window appears across the "Finish" page, saying "One moment please". On this window a "thermomenter" slowly fills - it seems to take as long as the VHS itself, and when finally it fills, it remains on the screen and

Everything is frozen. "Force quite" is the only solution.

The new title appears in our Movies, but only as a useless file of a few MB.

The so-called Support Page shows that many of us have this solution, and that Roxio's support team are unable to offer any constructive advice.

I had such confidence in Roxio's advertising that I invested in a new CHS player to ensure top quality ... at the moment it seems to be money thrown away.

So, dear Digital Guru - over to you! Please help us all - Captain P. included.

Thanks!

Robinorama

SORRY! I SHOULD HAVE TYPED "FORCE QUIT" NOT "FORCED QUIT"!

Robinorama

SORRY AGAIN - I MEAN 'FORCED QUIT' NOT 'FORCED QUITE'! BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I INTENDED.

Robinorama

Since you mention the "our movies" folder I presume you are referring to the PC version. You have posted in the forum for the Mac version.

I want to return my product for a refund & I see no address listed to return my product. I actually called them today to see what address I should use, the sales person placed me on hold and then came back and told me that my request to get a refund has been started & that I don't have to return the product in order for the refund to go through. ??????? What? This makes absolutely no sense. Also, my 'deadline' for my refund is Wednesday. I've never had to deal with such customer service as this.

I want to return my product for a refund & I see no address listed to return my product. I actually called them today to see what address I should use, the sales person placed me on hold and then came back and told me that my request to get a refund has been started & that I don't have to return the product in order for the refund to go through. ??????? What? This makes absolutely no sense. Also, my 'deadline' for my refund is Wednesday. I've never had to deal with such customer service as this.

See your other post http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...c=63521&hl=

I think I have find a work around for this bug, if you disconnect the USB dongle it seems to carry on. Working for me for now.

I sent a ticket with no response, I guess they can't work it out or be bothered to reply. Last product I purchase from Roxio.

I think I have find a work around for this bug, if you disconnect the USB dongle it seems to carry on. Working for me for now.

I sent a ticket with no response, I guess they can't work it out or be bothered to reply. Last product I purchase from Roxio.

What bug are you talking about? There were a lot of useless claims and comments made in this thread :blink: