jandtplus3

No sound on finished product in Windows Media Player

Question

After editing a file, everything is fine until I try to open the finished file in Windows Media Player. At that time, I have no sound.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jim

By the way, I do get sound while editing in Roxio and the file does have sound prior to editing. If I open any other file in Windows Media Player, there are no problems, only when I try to play a finished project from Roxio.

5 answers to this question

After editing a file, everything is fine until I try to open the finished file in Windows Media Player. At that time, I have no sound.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jim

By the way, I do get sound while editing in Roxio and the file does have sound prior to editing. If I open any other file in Windows Media Player, there are no problems, only when I try to play a finished project from Roxio.

You have supplied no details - how about some information on exactly what you are doing?

I download a video clip from online. I then open them in Roxio to edit out the commercials. When I preview the edited clip in Roxio, everything is fine. When I save/output the file as an MPG, I lose the sound. If I save as an AVI or DIVX AVI, I get sound.

I have all of the updates installed.

I'm also running this on a Vaio and Vista Home Premium. Over 3GB RAM and 1TB of storage.

Hope this is enough.

Thanks again.

Jim

Do you have Roxio Creator 2009 or Easy Media Creator 9? Did you buy it or did it come with your computer or piece of hardware? If an OEM, and EMC 9; it is castrated so that it will not play certain format audio files.

BTW, Roxio is a company and not an software package nor an application. First clear up what you have and then what application you are using.

If you are diting a Video, you should be using Edit Video-Advanced (Video Wave). If you are using Create DVD-Advanced (MyDVD) to make the project and burn it, please reply with the application information.

We purchased it online from the Sonic Solutions web site and we are using Easy Media Creator 9 with the latest updates.

While editing the video, we are using Edit Video-Advanced on Video Wave. We tried saving the final project in AVI and MPG. AVI comes up okay with sound but not the same quality as MPG. MPG has better quality but no sound is coming through.

Thanks again for your help.

Jim

We purchased it online from the Sonic Solutions web site and we are using Easy Media Creator 9 with the latest updates.

While editing the video, we are using Edit Video-Advanced on Video Wave. We tried saving the final project in AVI and MPG. AVI comes up okay with sound but not the same quality as MPG. MPG has better quality but no sound is coming through.

Thanks again for your help.

Jim

When did you buy this? EMC 9 is over two years old and no longer sold or supported by Roxio/Sonic?

Video in avi format is just as good quality as mpeg. Perhaps if you listed some of the specific settings you are using.

Exactly what do you want as a final product - just a video file or are planning to burn a DVD.

Could you let us know from where you get these video clips and perhaps the name of the particular clip you are using. We could then try to duplicate your problem.