• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Credits reappearing in the middle

d_deweywright

Question

I shot some video at the opening of a local Youth Volunteer Center, and want to put it onto DVD. I started with a color panel, added a "Credit" text effect that scrolled from bottom to top, added a transition effect into the movie clip, and started outputting to a file. I notice that about 4 minutes into the rendered video, the bottom bit of the last line of the "credits" is starting to reappear at the top of the screen. Further into the video, the entire bottom line is visible. As the video continues basically, the credits are scrolling back onto the screen. By 48 minutes into it, their entirely on the screen.

Any ideas why this is happening and how to get rid of it?

The video consists of the initial color panel, the transition to the first clip, and two video clips comprising 1 hour 17 minutes. (I know, too long for highest quality DVD rendering.) The first clip is about 59 minutes, the second clip is about 18 minutes. On yeah, EMC 8 Deluxe Suite, version 805B30B.

Okay... a little more information. Obviously, the problem is with the Text Effect (I still have to try others), but I don't even have to render it to have the text start coming back onto the screen. I shortened the production so the first video clip was only 5 minutes long, and the text starts coming back onto the screen much sooner, and faster, even when just playing it in VideoWave.

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Okay... a little more information. Obviously, the problem is with the Text Effect (I still have to try others), but I don't even have to render it to have the text start coming back onto the screen. I shortened the production so the first video clip was only 5 minutes long, and the text starts coming back onto the screen much sooner, and faster, even when just playing it in VideoWave.

Thanks!

Got it figured out. When I applied the text effect, apparently I had applied it to the production, not the internal track of the color slide. And the path of these effects has them scroll off, and then come back on, if you don't edit the duration in the internal track. Rather odd, in my mind, but at least I stumbled through it.

Onwards!

That is one of the few complaints I have with Videowave. I hardly ever use the internal tracks. When you apply text or effects to the external tracks, there is no default duration. Videowave just applies the text or effect to the entire duration of the production. Rather silly and only makes things more difficult.

Archived