• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Edit DVD vrs VideoWave, incorporating a minor change

hansenrh@cox.net

Question

I've created my production (VideoWave) and a DVD with menus etc. Noticed after burning DVD one minor change to image in the production (change text on one frame). How do I incorporate this change without having to recreated the whole DVD menu again? Did change the frame (VideoWave) and went back into Edit DVD, ran preview, but change was not included. Sure I'm missing something, but can't figure out what.

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Did you save the project in MyDVD? That would show up as a "dmsd" file. If so, open that and delete and then replace that video you changed. Most of the files will already be in the correct format, except for the one you changed so the rendering and burning will be quick.

I've created my production (VideoWave) and a DVD with menus etc. Noticed after burning DVD one minor change to image in the production (change text on one frame). How do I incorporate this change without having to recreated the whole DVD menu again? Did change the frame (VideoWave) and went back into Edit DVD, ran preview, but change was not included. Sure I'm missing something, but can't figure out what.

Thanks

Yes I did. Do recall seeing the structure if you would in the left margin, guess I just need to determine how to delete and the replace the WideoWave file. Since I saved the VideoWave file with under the file name I assumed MyDVD it would grab the that file again, does MyDVD creating an additional copy of it?

Thanks again

Yes I did. Do recall seeing the structure if you would in the left margin, guess I just need to determine how to delete and the replace the WideoWave file. Since I saved the VideoWave file with under the file name I assumed MyDVD it would grab the that file again, does MyDVD creating an additional copy of it?

Thanks again

If you saved the Videowave project file (extension dmsm) you should be able to load it, make any editing changes and save it again. When you then open the myDVD project file, it should use your modified Videowave project file.

Not usually. I know that sometimes in VideoWave, audio files are not replaced or that ghost images show up. Perhaps it is the same thing in MyDVD. It looks at the proxy files and sees the same name so it may not update to the changed production. You may want to just use tools/options and then delete the video proxy files. They should be rebuit in a few seconds. Now try the preview.

Thanks again

Archived