• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't record sound card audio

antiphony

Question

I'm using the on board sound of a Dell Dimension 3100 (no comments please) and would like to redirect sound from the sound card to record Internet radio, etc. "WAVE" is not available from the audio input drop down (only Line In and Microphone) so I can't get a signal.

Any ideas how to enable?

3 answers to this question

I checked and nothing is muted. Also looked in in Volume/Properties/Recording and only two choices are Line In and Microphone. SigmaTel driver may not have option for WAVE or comparable.

ReplayMusic has a driver that redirects, I was hoping EMC 8 would have a comparable function.

I'll keep looking, but thank you for the suggestion.

What are you trying to use to record with? Go into Music Disc Creator, and on the left at the bottom, select, "Record Audio". Does that show a signal while you're playing your Internet Radio? If so, you should be able to record it, otherwise, check the drop-down box to see if it shows any other options for recording.

Hope that helps!

I checked and nothing is muted. Also looked in in Volume/Properties/Recording and only two choices are Line In and Microphone. SigmaTel driver may not have option for WAVE or comparable.

ReplayMusic has a driver that redirects, I was hoping EMC 8 would have a comparable function.

I'll keep looking, but thank you for the suggestion.

Archived