rizz

Problems, problems, problems...

Question

I'm having a problem burning dvd's. I'm using VIDEO LAB MY DVD 10, I have Windows Vista, I have a very good video card (G-force FX 5700).

The problems I'm having are:

Video stops, or slows down a lot during transitions.

Main menu background does not show up on the DVD, sub menu does...

The last dvd I tried to burn, the main menu slowed so bad, I almost couldn't watch the movie

Cannot burn onto a dvd at times, wasted a few dvd's already.

I get an error when trying to finalize a disk, preventing me from finalizing.

(Been doing everyhting with video wave)

Been editing and burning in High quality, don't know if that makes a difference.

Been using DVD +R

Note, dvd playback has been fine on the PC. I'm unable to play them on a regular DVD player.

I like the product, I just need some help here. Please show me the error of my ways. :unsure:

Thanks!

Andy

Edited by rizz

10 answers to this question

I'm having a problem burning dvd's. I'm using VIDEO LAB MY DVD 10, I have Windows Vista, I have a very good video card (G-force FX 5700).

The problems I'm having are:

Video stops, or slows down a lot during transitions.

Main menu background does not show up on the DVD, sub menu does...

The last dvd I tried to burn, the main menu slowed so bad, I almost couldn't watch the movie

Cannot burn onto a dvd at times, wasted a few dvd's already.

I get an error when trying to finalize a disk, preventing me from finalizing.

(Been doing everyhting with video wave)

Been editing and burning in High quality, don't know if that makes a difference.

Been using DVD +R

Note, dvd playback has been fine on the PC. I'm unable to play them on a regular DVD player.

I like the product, I just need some help here. Please show me the error of my ways. :unsure:

Thanks!

Andy

If the DVD plays fine on the PC then there was nothing wrong with the program or the burn. The problem maybe with the media you are using or some incompatibility between the media and your DVD player. What make of DVDs are you using?

First of all, video DVDs are automatically finalized there is no need to do any finalizing.

You may have a "limited" version of the full retail program and some of the standard features are not available. Can you switch to software mode from hardware (or vice versa) using Tools/Options if that is available?

Are you shutting down antivirus, the internet and all running apps when burning? How much free space do you have on your hard drive? Have you defragged your hard drive lately? Are the drivers for that video card up to date?

What do you mean by "been doing everything with Videowave"? VW is for assembling your video but it cannot be used to author/burn a DVD, for that you have to use myDVD.

Edited by myguggi

If the DVD plays fine on the PC then there was nothing wrong with the program or the burn. The problem maybe with the media you are using or some incompatibility between the media and your DVD player. What make of DVDs are you using?

First of all, video DVDs are automatically finalized there is no need to do any finalizing.

You may have a "limited" version of the full retail program and some of the standard features are not available. Can you switch to software mode from hardware (or vice versa) using Tools/Options if that is available?

Are you shutting down antivirus, the internet and all running apps when burning? How much free space do you have on your hard drive? Have you defragged your hard drive lately? Are the drivers for that video card up to date?

What do you mean by "been doing everything with Videowave"? VW is for assembling your video but it cannot be used to author/burn a DVD, for that you have to use myDVD.

Well, I'm using MAXELL DVD +R discs.

DVD players... They're not that old. Sanyo, Sony's. 3 or 4 years maybe...

I bought the program off the shelf, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I will try again with ant-virus off.

I have tons of space and the HD has been Defragged.

Regarding Videowave. Yes, I have assembled and edited with VW, used my dvd to burn.

I will try again and repost.

Actually, I just tried to watch one of the discs that wouldn't play right on the DVD player.

I stuck it in the Computer and it wouldn't play right, but it was not as bad compared to the DVD player.

Don't know if that helps.

Edited by rizz

Actually, I just tried to watch one of the discs that wouldn't play right on the DVD player.

I stuck it in the Computer and it wouldn't play right, but it was not as bad compared to the DVD player.

Don't know if that helps.

Maxells are considered bottom of the barrel media. Try some quality DVDs such as Verbatims

Verbatim? OK, it would be great if it's as simple as that.

I'll pick some up and try again.

Thanks!

Maxells are considered bottom of the barrel media. Try some quality DVDs such as Verbatims

OK, I updated everything... even the video card. I'm using Memorex +RW discs

Now, I'm getting this error message when trying to burn a dvd:

An unrecoverable device error occurred. Error while  Encoding Movie 1

An unrecoverable device error occurred. Error while  Encoding Movie 1

Could it be from the update?

OK, I updated everything... even the video card. I'm using Memorex +RW discs

Now, I'm getting this error message when trying to burn a dvd:

An unrecoverable device error occurred. Error while Encoding Movie 1

An unrecoverable device error occurred. Error while Encoding Movie 1

Could it be from the update?

Memorex are no better then Maxells :blink:

What update are you talking about?

Does your program have an option to burn to an iso (image) file? If yes, try that instead of burning directly to disc. If that works, we can then try to burn the iso file to the DVD. Have you tried to switch to software mode if that is available.?

At this point it would be a good idea to get a few RW discs to play around with instead of creating a lot of coasters. A small, simple project would also help to get some bugs sorted out in your process.

Memorex are no better then Maxells :blink:

What update are you talking about?

Does your program have an option to burn to an iso (image) file? If yes, try that instead of burning directly to disc. If that works, we can then try to burn the iso file to the DVD. Have you tried to switch to software mode if that is available.?

At this point it would be a good idea to get a few RW discs to play around with instead of creating a lot of coasters. A small, simple project would also help to get some bugs sorted out in your process.

OK, I got the video saved as an ISO file...

Also, I switched to the software setting.

OK, I got the video saved as an ISO file...

Also, I switched to the software setting.

If your program does not have the option to burn iso files to a DVD, google for the free utility ImgBurn which will burn the iso file to disc. ImgBurn is actually the preferred way for a lot of "us" to burn the iso files.

If your program does not have the option to burn iso files to a DVD, google for the free utility ImgBurn which will burn the iso file to disc. ImgBurn is actually the preferred way for a lot of "us" to burn the iso files.

Well, I downloaded imgburn, and I managed to burn 1 dvd successfully. The second DVD I tried to burn turned into a coaster.

I'm getting frustrated...

Edited by rizz