• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unable to create a music CD using my recorded wav files

mbritowich@sbcglobal.net

Question

Dear friends,

I have a large number of vocal files that I created and saved as wav files. I have been using CD creator version 5 for years, and burning music CDs for my students with these files.

I upgraded to EasyMedia8, and now I get an error message every time I try to create a music CD using the very same files.

Anyone have a clue as to how to get this to work?

My first thought is to uninstall the new program on my new laptop and just install my old software, but then I have wasted all the money spent on the new Roxio.

Any suggestions very appreciated.

3 answers to this question

When do you get the error message and what does it say? I'm assuming that you are using Music Disc Creator and are able to add the files. What are the particulars on the files? What Khz and how many bits?

Try this, load a few music pieces to sound editor and then export the clips again as a WAV file. Sometimes the format of the files is not quite compatable with Music Disc Creator and will give you problems.

I am having the same problem when using Music Disc Creator and Sound Editor. This is the message I get

(the file "C:\Documents and Setting|My Name|My Documents\My Music\burn to cd\folsomprisonblues-johnny cash.wav" does not exist or is not a supported audio file. Please any help would be appreciated. :)

Did you try what I suggested? BTW, don't threadjack. Start your own thread because your problem (not the symptons) may not be the same.

What is the source of that file. If you bought it online, you have to burn it to a disc using the program you used to download it and then copy it back to your hard drive in order to use it.

I am having the same problem when using Music Disc Creator and Sound Editor. This is the message I get

(the file "C:\Documents and Setting|My Name|My Documents\My Music\burn to cd\folsomprisonblues-johnny cash.wav" does not exist or is not a supported audio file. Please any help would be appreciated. :)

When do you get the error message and what does it say? I'm assuming that you are using Music Disc Creator and are able to add the files. What are the particulars on the files? What Khz and how many bits?

Try this, load a few music pieces to sound editor and then export the clips again as a WAV file. Sometimes the format of the files is not quite compatable with Music Disc Creator and will give you problems.

Dear friends,

I have a large number of vocal files that I created and saved as wav files. I have been using CD creator version 5 for years, and burning music CDs for my students with these files.

I upgraded to EasyMedia8, and now I get an error message every time I try to create a music CD using the very same files.

Anyone have a clue as to how to get this to work?

My first thought is to uninstall the new program on my new laptop and just install my old software, but then I have wasted all the money spent on the new Roxio.

Any suggestions very appreciated.

Archived