• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Retrieving a picture

gmkbdl

Question

I burned a DVD with home made digital movies - including some fireworks. Then, of course deleted movie off camera. Is it possible to pull a snippette of film off a DVD once it is burned. Stupid, I know, but thought it might be an option. MK

3 answers to this question

Guest mlpasley
I burned a DVD with home made digital movies - including some fireworks. Then, of course deleted movie off camera. Is it possible to pull a snippette of film off a DVD once it is burned. Stupid, I know, but thought it might be an option. MK

Not stupid at all and we've all had those 'oops' moments.

You should be able to Capture the video from the DVD itself., but copying the DVD to the hard drive and then capturing it from there would eliminate any possible dropped frames due to the speed of the DVD drive.

I don't believe you can pull part of it but you can copy the movie back to your hard drive then you can import that file into videowave and edit a section out and save it to a different file with new file name. Now if the project has several movies on one DVD you can download just one movie to hard drive.

I don't believe you can pull part of it but you can copy the movie back to your hard drive then you can import that file into videowave and edit a section out and save it to a different file with new file name. Now if the project has several movies on one DVD you can download just one movie to hard drive.

Instead of importing (capturing) the whole DVD, it might be possible to copy just the single VOB file from the Video_TS folder on the DVD to the hard drive, change the vob extension to mpg and then load that mgp file into Videowave to extract the scene. Of yourse you have to first figur out in which vob file the desired scene is located

Archived