Playback problems using DVD player for VideoWave

frankmny

Question

I used video-wave to create a VideoCD containing many images, text slides, video files, and song clips. Everything worked great, and I successfully burned the production to a CD. I can play and watch the production on my PC with no issues. However, when I put the V-CD into a DVD player, when the production is shown on a TV, the frames are cut on all sides. Basically, the edges on all 4 sides of the frames are cut off just a little bit. As there is text in the production, this is a big problem. Anyone know why this is happening?

3 answers to this question

I used video-wave to create a VideoCD containing many images, text slides, video files, and song clips. Everything worked great, and I successfully burned the production to a CD. I can play and watch the production on my PC with no issues. However, when I put the V-CD into a DVD player, when the production is shown on a TV, the frames are cut on all sides. Basically, the edges on all 4 sides of the frames are cut off just a little bit. As there is text in the production, this is a big problem. Anyone know why this is happening?

See if this discussion sheds a little light.

In V7, if you follow the procedure to add text, you will be able to look at what you will be getting on the TV screen (TV Safe Zone) by clicking on the icon that looks like a TV screen with a target. You can close out without adding the text. If you have a lot of images, you may want to only select the ones that are really bad and then use the overlay method. If they all need to be adjusted and you do have the order that you want them in, you may want to use Image Cropper (free) and cop all the images. You can also add a color border that will replace any black bars that you see. You will then have to add the images into VideoWave to replace the ones already there.

If you have Photoshop, you can resize the image to about 85% and then put color around the image. In that case, you can save them as the same original name and VideoWave will pick up the resized image. (you probably want to make a copy of the originals just in case).

It's because TV pixels are rectangular and your Monitor has square ones. Your image 'grows' by nearly 10% on a TV. If you have photoshop, change the pixel aspect ration to .9 and you'll be fine. If not, follow sknis' advice and shrink your image slightly to allow for the difference.

Archived