• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

eazydr

Creator 2009 - CinePlayer 5.0 Issue

Question

I recentled installed roxio creator 2009 and experienced 2 issues:

1. The Roxio creator main menu/Video-Movies does not have a link to "Play or Watch movie" . Note: CinePlayer 5.0 Build 505B41B is installed in my PC but I need to run it manually from windows explorer.

2. When I play a DVD with CinePlayer, the video is OK, but the audio is broken up, and eventually, it crashes and I get this message: "CinePlayer encountered a problem and needs to close". I tried various DVD's (including one created by roxio creator) and always get the same result.

Regarding my PC: Dell Dim 8200, 2GB memory, and clean storage. I'm running Windows XP with SP3. I can view all DVD's via Microsoft Media Player 11 without problems. I would appreciate any suggestions.

9 answers to this question

Like to know the rest of your PC specs besides what Dave asked about???

No entry like this on the Home app? (Enjoy: Play Movies)

post-39730-1250851883.jpg

What other players or video software do you have installed?

Install SP4 if you already haven't done so.

Creator 2009 sp4

What do you have installed for a video card? Do you have the latest video drivers?

Install SP4 if you already haven't done so.

Creator 2009 sp4

What do you have installed for a video card? Do you have the latest video drivers?

Thanks. Sorry for the blank reply.

SP4 is installed. I have "Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate, ver. 1.1.110 SP4; 4.50.05a. installed.

My video caar is: ATI, Vision Tec Radeon 9600. The driver is current.

Like to know the rest of your PC specs besides what Dave asked about???

No entry like this on the Home app? (Enjoy: Play Movies)

post-39730-1250851883.jpg

What other players or video software do you have installed?

Thanks Jim. Re: My roxio creator 2009, ultimate menu, the "Enjoy" catagory is present with links to "Browse & Manage, and "Share Video", but "Show Video" does not appear.

Other video software on my PC are: Windows Media Player Ver.11, Real Player Ver 11.0.6, Sonic MyDVD (a DVD creator software).

This is interesting. I can play DVD's on Windows Media Player & Real Player. But since I installed roxio creator 2009, they both have an anomaly when playing, i.e. after the DVD is placed in the CD player I have to Click STOP and than the PLAY button to view all DVD's.

Suite yourself – Real is not allowed in my house… :angry:

I cannot say that the others are interfering, but it seems that way. I would suspect that the old Sonic which probably includes CinePlayer, is the problem.

You could try – Clean Install

Removing the others then – Clean Install

(notice a reoccurring theme :rolleyes: )

Or just living without it???

But CP is not just going to suddenly show up on that menu until you reinstall. XP

Suite yourself – Real is not allowed in my house… :angry:

I cannot say that the others are interfering, but it seems that way. I would suspect that the old Sonic which probably includes CinePlayer, is the problem.

You could try – Clean Install

Removing the others then – Clean Install

(notice a reoccurring theme :rolleyes: )

Or just living without it???

But CP is not just going to suddenly show up on that menu until you reinstall. XP

Thanks Jim. I am going to remove the old Sonic program and do the Clean Install of roxio creator 2009. By the way, I assume a "Clean Install" means to uninstall the software first, than installing it again. Is this the right procedure?

Eazydr,

Are you saying that "show movies" i.e. Play Movies is not on your menu? Please clarify your situation.

Thanks for the reply Dave. "Play Movies" is definately not on my menu. The only way I can run CinePlayer is to manualy run the CinePayer.exe.

Clean install means following these procedures - every step and don't skip any. Print out the procedure.

Clean Install Instructions for Creator 9 and 10 on Windows Vista

Clean Install Instructions of Creator 9 and 10 on Windows XP

Thanks Dave. Thats a project. I decided to live without CinePlayer, and use my time for something more important to me. But I will remove the old Sonic DVD software. Thanks again and God Bless you.