• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Settings for HD DVD

Sodapop

Question

Hello. I have been a Sony user for a while and am now back with Creator 2009. I have built a slideshow and am trying to output it to a file to use it in a later production. I am going to render the entire production at 1920X1080 (i or p) and wish to burn what I can (I guess about 45 minutes) using MyDVD and AVCHD with menus. When I try to render the slideshow only in VideoWave, I get an error that says " Ran out if memory." I believe I have all settings correct in Export As. Does this error mean that my computer is out of RAM? When I change the setting from 1080i to 720p, the file is created but I wish to create a 1920X1080 file, not a 1280X720 file.

I just tried it again and received a slightly different error "D3DERR_OUTOFMEMORY out of video memory"

Thanks for the guidance.

5 answers to this question

Hello. I have been a Sony user for a while and am now back with Creator 2009. I have built a slideshow and am trying to output it to a file to use it in a later production. I am going to render the entire production at 1920X1080 (i or p) and wish to burn what I can (I guess about 45 minutes) using MyDVD and AVCHD with menus. When I try to render the slideshow only in VideoWave, I get an error that says " Ran out if memory." I believe I have all settings correct in Export As. Does this error mean that my computer is out of RAM? When I change the setting from 1080i to 720p, the file is created but I wish to create a 1920X1080 file, not a 1280X720 file.

I just tried it again and received a slightly different error "D3DERR_OUTOFMEMORY out of video memory"

Thanks for the guidance.

Looks like it's time to list your computer specs. You failed to do so, in your other thread, when asked.

Looks like it's time to list your computer specs. You failed to do so, in your other thread, when asked.

Sorry for failing to list my specs in my last post when asked; I ended up replacing my DVD RW Drive because I brole it (after I was having write problems) and it took care of the problem. I just received the drive yesterday and put it together to test it. In regards to this post, I know I need to type my specs in a word doc so I can copy & paste it next time; busy day at the Firehouse and I will try to get to it laterl I am fairly sure I have it integrated which is bad I know but will confirm later.

Thanks, Paul.

The error appears to be more related to "Video RAM" as oppose to Computer RAM. I think updating video drivers will be a starting point. Also if you could specify your computer and video card specs.

WILCO later tonight, thanks!

Computer specs

Intel T2500 @ 2.00 GHz

1.99 GB or RAM Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM

XP Pro, SP3

Display adapters Mobil Intel ( R ) 945GM Express Chipset Family

I guess the video card is integrated which has caused issues in the past with earlier versions of EMC, but I thought I would give it a shot since my Vegas Pro works perfectly rendering everything from WMV to 1080p. I prefer EMC for slideshows because of the ease; I normally put a slideshow before the video when creating family movies.

Anyway, I am not a computer guru; I am not sure if I can do anything since my video is integrated. Would increasing my RAM possiby help?

Thanks, Paul.

Archived