• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 215 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

feverishguy

Combining Slideshows in DVD Builder

Question

I have created several slideshows (apx 10 minutes each) using DVD Builder. Each slide show is saved as a dmsd file.

How can I combine these files into a single DVD slideshow that will show a chapter button for each one, and run all the way through if the first chapter, or play, is selected?

Thanks in advance.

Les

Oops sorry for the large text size.

4 answers to this question

I have created several slideshows (apx 10 minutes each) using DVD Builder. Each slide show is saved as a dmsd file.

How can I combine these files into a single DVD slideshow that will show a chapter button for each one, and run all the way through if the first chapter, or play, is selected?

Thanks in advance.

Les

Oops sorry for the large text size.

I am not at my computer, so test it this way. Open DVD Builder, open your first .dmsd file, then click on Add To Selected Title, and add each of your other .dmsd's. If that does not work, click on the Add New Tiltle Button, and add them.

Then, when you go to burn, click on the Advanced button, and in the drop down box by After title finishes playing, select Play Next Title, and then burn your project.

It is recommended that you build your slide shows in VideoWave, the program designed for creating your productions. There are many more options for editing, etc., than there are in DVD Builder. DVD Builder is designed to author and burn your production.

Guest mlpasley

I think we have a problem. I don't think you can add .dmsd productions to a DVD Builder menu.

You may have to open those Projects in VideoWave first. There's a bit of work to get them into VideoWave, but it's probably less work than redoing all those slideshows.

Open your first slideshow. Click on the Advanced Edit Option in the Production Editor (to the right of Transition Themes). This will open the StoryBoard. Now change something minor and choose Done. DO NOT CLOSE THE DVD PRODUCTION.

Do a Windows \ Search for .dmsm, Advanced Search in Hidden Folders OR find the temporary file in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp. Double click on the .dmsm file Either in the Windows Search or the folder. That will open the production in VideoWave. Do an immediate File\ Save As to create a permanent file.

Do that with each of your slideshows til you have them all in .dmsm files.

Then my recommendation would be to add the titles in the order you want them to play. Put the first production on the DVD Builder menu. Choose Add NEW Title for each of the next productions and select the .dmsm files. Then on the Burn menu, Advanced Settings, if you select the After title finishes playing... play next title, they will play through to the end no matter which chapter you choose.

If you select Add to Selected title, you're going to have to mark each of those chapters manually. And they'll be on a second screen, not the main menu.

Hope that helps. :)

I think we have a problem. I don't think you can add .dmsd productions to a DVD Builder menu.

You may have to open those Projects in VideoWave first. There's a bit of work to get them into VideoWave, but it's probably less work than redoing all those slideshows.

Open your first slideshow. Click on the Advanced Edit Option in the Production Editor (to the right of Transition Themes). This will open the StoryBoard. Now change something minor and choose Done. DO NOT CLOSE THE DVD PRODUCTION.

Do a Windows \ Search for .dmsm, Advanced Search in Hidden Folders OR find the temporary file in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp. Double click on the .dmsm file Either in the Windows Search or the folder. That will open the production in VideoWave. Do an immediate File\ Save As to create a permanent file.

Do that with each of your slideshows til you have them all in .dmsm files.

Then my recommendation would be to add the titles in the order you want them to play. Put the first production on the DVD Builder menu. Choose Add NEW Title for each of the next productions and select the .dmsm files. Then on the Burn menu, Advanced Settings, if you select the After title finishes playing... play next title, they will play through to the end no matter which chapter you choose.

If you select Add to Selected title, you're going to have to mark each of those chapters manually. And they'll be on a second screen, not the main menu.

Hope that helps. :)

Any suggestions for transitions between scenes? How do you know it if flows correctly. I assume just trial and error between DVD Builder and vW?

Any suggestions for transitions between scenes? How do you know it if flows correctly. I assume just trial and error between DVD Builder and vW?

You resurrected a one year old thread. Maybe it's better if you start a new thread in the DVD and Video subforum. State in details what you are trying to do.

Edited by malatekid