capture video but no sound

eagleeagle

Question

Hi. I have a roxio creator DE that came the the laptop I can capture video on the roxio media import, but when I look at the video it has no sound. I am thinking on buying the roxio easy VHS to DVD program. Can some one tell me if I will have the same problem and why I am not getting sound on the import.

Thanks

10 answers to this question

That camera is a DVD camera, finalize the disc in the camera and then put it into your DVD drive, copy the files to you hard drive and use them in Video Wave. There is no need to do a capture.

If you try using a USB cable, the Roxio product sees it as a web camera and will not capture the audio.

You don't know about "Windows Explorer"? How long have you been using a computer? :blink:

MYGUGGI

Forgot what a newbie means:

-Roxio Community- like any other community in the computer era, is a mean for people like me (newbie) to ask stupid question in the hope that Digital Guruss like you guys,-- can offer some suggestions if you so desire -

(((The Trick Is If A Digital Gurus Feel He/She Is Dealing With An Idiot, No Computer-savy The best Thing Is To Bypass The Help To That Person, And Avoid YourSelf A Headache)). I looked at Windows Explorer, It has been around since Windows 95 as a handy tool to manage your "files and foldersssss".....There are Windows Explorer 7, 8, Error Problems, Updates, Booleand Search, goes Haywdire....Windows Explorer has many meaning to someone like me.

Anyway Thank for the help, we will continued to learn something.

MYGUGGI

Forgot what a newbie means:

-Roxio Community- like any other community in the computer era, is a mean for people like me (newbie) to ask stupid question in the hope that Digital Guruss like you guys,-- can offer some suggestions if you so desire -

(((The Trick Is If A Digital Gurus Feel He/She Is Dealing With An Idiot, No Computer-savy The best Thing Is To Bypass The Help To That Person, And Avoid YourSelf A Headache)). I looked at Windows Explorer, It has been around since Windows 95 as a handy tool to manage your "files and foldersssss".....There are Windows Explorer 7, 8, Error Problems, Updates, Booleand Search, goes Haywdire....Windows Explorer has many meaning to someone like me.

Anyway Thank for the help, we will continued to learn something.

You are mistaking Internet Explorer with Windows Explorer. Instead of Windows Explorer, substitute the words with My Computer. You copy files, from the DVD, to a folder on your hard drive, just like you would copy any file, from one place to another.

The prerequisite, to being able to do video work, is knowing how to do basic tasks on your computer.

That camera is a DVD camera, finalize the disc in the camera and then put it into your DVD drive, copy the files to you hard drive and use them in Video Wave. There is no need to do a capture.

If you try using a USB cable, the Roxio product sees it as a web camera and will not capture the audio.

Hello there:

Yes I copy the video stray from the DVD drive unto the hard drive (no capturing) , while at it I heard the sound and saw the video been copying, but then again when I played back the video on roxio I could not heard the audio. I could not found the video wave to play the video, at one time a message say the video wave was disconnected??. So I am still having the same problem regarles of any way I copy the video on the hard drive. Any other suggestion will be appreciated.

Hello there:

Yes I copy the video stray from the DVD drive unto the hard drive (no capturing) , while at it I heard the sound and saw the video been copying, but then again when I played back the video on roxio I could not heard the audio. I could not found the video wave to play the video, at one time a message say the video wave was disconnected??. So I am still having the same problem regarles of any way I copy the video on the hard drive. Any other suggestion will be appreciated.

Also for some reason I am having a hard time to find this post ones I get out of it, it takes me a while..!!

Hello there:

When you "copy" the Video_TS folder from you camcorder DVD you will not hear any sound or see any video. You should be using Windows Explorer to do the copy. It seems like you are still "capturing" if you see video and hear audio.

When you "copy" the Video_TS folder from you camcorder DVD you will not hear any sound or see any video. You should be using Windows Explorer to do the copy. It seems like you are still "capturing" if you see video and hear audio.

Does the Windows Explorer (to copy the DVD )have another name to it, could that be Windows Movie Maker, More info will be of some help

Thanks

Does the Windows Explorer (to copy the DVD )have another name to it, could that be Windows Movie Maker, More info will be of some help

Thanks

Click :o get out of thinking about video editing:

No, no software like WMM. Think of how you copy data or any file from a disc to your computer. Put the disc in the drive, right click to expore, select all the files and right click. Depending on your OS, you can copy them to a folder on yuor hard drive.

Click, :o get back to thinking about video editing.

How about telling us more about your computer? More than it's a Dell. What is your source? How do you have it connected to your computer (both audio and audio). What application are you using to capture? With a laptop you have to carefully use the Mic input jack. If you start with too high an input volume, you can blow that part of the audio chip.

Look at the different products, VHStoDVD does pretty much only that. It uses a USB device to capture both the audio and video. If you ever plan on doing ANY audio work, consider Creator 2009 Ultimate with the add-ons (includes the USB device). Roxio will be coming out with the next version in the reasonable future since they had been selling the old version at a major discount.

How about telling us more about your computer? More than it's a Dell. What is your source? How do you have it connected to your computer (both audio and audio). What application are you using to capture? With a laptop you have to carefully use the Mic input jack. If you start with too high an input volume, you can blow that part of the audio chip.

Look at the different products, VHStoDVD does pretty much only that. It uses a USB device to capture both the audio and video. If you ever plan on doing ANY audio work, consider Creator 2009 Ultimate with the add-ons (includes the USB device). Roxio will be coming out with the next version in the reasonable future since they had been selling the old version at a major discount.

sknis:

I am a newbie at this, basicaly I want to copy some home video unto some CD. Ill try to aswer your questions the best I can. (1) The source as I understand is a Samsung camcorder SC-DX 103. (2) The other source is a laptop 1720 inspiron with a Windows Vista Home Premium with a Windows Pack #2. (3) The other source I am using to capture the video is a Roxio Media Import that came with the laptop.

When I attache the camcorder to the laptop everything is ok I heard the sound an see the the video been captured on the computer but after it finish on playback there is no sound on the captured video.

You talk about a Mic input jack, to be honest I got lost there.

I read about a IEEE 1394 FireWire I am lost there 2.

However, I use the same camcorder with a USB cable on my dell PC Dimension 8100 with windows XP, and I caputure the Video to the Computer, and then using a NERo program I can make some CD but It takes an hour to do each move. On my laptop I am supposed to have a much better programs to do what I am trying to do.

Thanks for any help

Archived