Installed Roxio 9; have click user name to get to desktop

KYFHO

Question

Hi, I had a HD crash a several months ago so did new complete re-install of WinXP SP3 adding NO admins or users so when I started-up my PC it went right to desktop which is what I want and like(I am the only user of this home PC) ===> I did not want to have to click on 'user-name' or 'admin' when turning on my PC...

A couple of months ago I installed Roxio 9 and tried not to add in any 'admin' or 'username' but the install would not proceed without something in that blank box so I added my name... Now when I turn on my PC, before it will go to the desktop, it asks me to click on that user-name... How do I disable that or eliminate that??

I just want to turn on my PC, go get my coffee and come back and have it be at the desktop.... Thanks for any help..... :)

3 answers to this question

Hi, I had a HD crash a several months ago so did new complete re-install of WinXP SP3 adding NO admins or users so when I started-up my PC it went right to desktop which is what I want and like(I am the only user of this home PC) ===> I did not want to have to click on 'user-name' or 'admin' when turning on my PC...

A couple of months ago I installed Roxio 9 and tried not to add in any 'admin' or 'username' but the install would not proceed without something in that blank box so I added my name... Now when I turn on my PC, before it will go to the desktop, it asks me to click on that user-name... How do I disable that or eliminate that??

I just want to turn on my PC, go get my coffee and come back and have it be at the desktop.... Thanks for any help..... :)

You have to delete the user that Roxio EMC 9 set up, without your permission. Click on My Computer, then Control Panel. Scroll down to User Accounts, and click on it. The only 2 that should be there are one with your name, and one name Guest.

The other is named something net, I think. Click on it, and delete it. Reboot, and you should not get the user name prompt, anymore.

You have to delete the user that Roxio EMC 9 set up, without your permission. Click on My Computer, then Control Panel. Scroll down to User Accounts, and click on it. The only 2 that should be there are on with your name, and one name Guest.

The other is named something net, I think. Click on it, and delete it. Reboot, and you should not get the user name prompt, anymore.

Thank you very very much and I appreciate the quick reply, Wow!! It worked perfectly... Again, much appreciated and have a great day!! ;)

Now I have learned something new too!!

Archived