• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Lightscribe error

imij97

Question

When I try to burn a lightscribe label this is the message that I keep getting:

The LightScribe drive cannot print to the current media at full quality. An update may fix this. Alternatively, generic labeling parameters may be used at reduced quality.

Would you like to look for an update now?

I looked for updates and I have all of the updates that are available. I am running OSX 10.5.7. I have used this same drive using Nero's Disk Labeler using Windows XP that I have using Parallels and it works fine. I have also used the same disks while using Nero so the disks are the same. There is a setting that is set wrong and I don't know where it is or how to get to it.

Please help.

JT

2 answers to this question

I don't have a Lightscribe drive so I don't have any experience with this. Did you start in Disc Cover RE by choosing the Lightscribe Full Label design element (via the File menu)? I don't know but it may matter that the label is designed after making that selection. You might also go to belightsoft.com to see if there are posts in their forum addressing this issue.

You need to install LightScribe system software before you can use this feature. You can find it here:

http://www.lightscribe.com/downloadsection...dex.aspx?id=813

When I try to burn a lightscribe label this is the message that I keep getting:

The LightScribe drive cannot print to the current media at full quality. An update may fix this. Alternatively, generic labeling parameters may be used at reduced quality.

Would you like to look for an update now?

I looked for updates and I have all of the updates that are available. I am running OSX 10.5.7. I have used this same drive using Nero's Disk Labeler using Windows XP that I have using Parallels and it works fine. I have also used the same disks while using Nero so the disks are the same. There is a setting that is set wrong and I don't know where it is or how to get to it.

Please help.

JT

Archived