Recorded Church service not fitting on DVD

JDW

Question

Using my dvd express to make DVD of just over an hour Service and having problem getting sucessfull burn. Usually get some kind of message like fail to start something, I forget what it said right now, left my note at church. I tryed 4 attempts which took most of Sunday evening to get a Dvd Burned, but none would playback I tryed changing the speed where it says fit to disk, LP , SP and all that, nothing worked. A few nights ago at Practice it was 138 minutes, it would not work, today it was 112 minute service, it would not work.. What can I do to make it burn? usually it works if its just around 1 hour , but not any longer. I use the my dvd express to make one copy of the Service then copy from that original to make copies. I am not having any luck getting those longer services onto the DVD.. HELP>

7 answers to this question

I doubt Time has anything to do with it. I think the answer is in the Error Message you forgot the text of. :( At least that should give us a starting point.

I am not a fan of the Express programs, but it should work.

Thanks, I will get the error message and number today. Let you know. I just can not figure it out. I have tryed everyway but it just dont work. Wonder if some setting could be off or changed, it use to work good. Where can I find the default settings?

Do this too, while you have the software open, click on Help – About and note the full Version and Build numbers. (might help)

If you are not too concerned with Quality, the Fit to Disc setting may be what you want to stick with.

There are some other multi-step & multi-program ways to get a long video onto a regular DVD with pretty good quality. But if you are not well versed in the software you can get lost along the way.

Hi, back again with more information I hope of Burning DVD issues. The errow message I got was 80004003 and another was 0x800703EE, have no Idea what they are... Oh the message I got on the screen after I had waited about 30 minutes to copy was this: Fail to Start the Image Writing operation errow while burning Image. 80004003 errow..

I did go up there today and mess with it a long time... I finaly got a copy using

Easy Media Creater 10 Suite that I could chose DVD without Menue which shorting my recording to less than the size of the Dvd, so it finally worked only after I went to the store and bought some new DVD's.. They were the same except different brand and one had speed listed at 16X , the old one had 16x 1x. I had 200 each kind .. or what was left, I wasted about 75 with duds. Both are DVD-R , the old one seemed to be a tad thicker , but the one I finally got to make a copy to was HP DVD-R 16x 120 min.. red ones.

My video is 112.5 minutes. I did get one errow with the last one out of 8 copys.. The first one I got all errow and only one out of 5 would even start to play then it would stop about 53 minutes and die and the DVD did not look about 2/3's full..or less by looking at the disk. The disk may be most of the problem, just don't know why.

Hi, back again with more information I hope of Burning DVD issues. The errow message I got was 80004003 and another was 0x800703EE, have no Idea what they are... Oh the message I got on the screen after I had waited about 30 minutes to copy was this: Fail to Start the Image Writing operation errow while burning Image. 80004003 errow..

I did go up there today and mess with it a long time... I finaly got a copy using

Easy Media Creater 10 Suite that I could chose DVD without Menue which shorting my recording to less than the size of the Dvd, so it finally worked only after I went to the store and bought some new DVD's.. They were the same except different brand and one had speed listed at 16X , the old one had 16x 1x. I had 200 each kind .. or what was left, I wasted about 75 with duds. Both are DVD-R , the old one seemed to be a tad thicker , but the one I finally got to make a copy to was HP DVD-R 16x 120 min.. red ones.

My video is 112.5 minutes. I did get one errow with the last one out of 8 copys.. The first one I got all errow and only one out of 5 would even start to play then it would stop about 53 minutes and die and the DVD did not look about 2/3's full..or less by looking at the disk. The disk may be most of the problem, just don't know why.

Get yourself some good media, (no Memorex or store brands) ,most people on here recommend Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden. Also get some RW discs for learning/testing, (you can erase them).

Once you get everything working ok, then use a DVD-R.

Go here for DVD info http://www.digitalfaq.com/reviews/dvd-media.htm

A standard 4.7GB DVD will only hold 60 minutes of video at best quality. If you try to squeeze 120 minutes of video on a DVD it will give very poor quality. You most likely are using poor quality DVDs which will have even more problems when you try to put more then 90 minutes of video on the DVD.

The listed speed for a DVD means nothing if you DVD burner cannot burn at that speed. Also most of us recommend to burn at lower speed then the max.

I don't understand what you mean by "the old one had 16x 1x"?

Correction 16X/1X DVD-R 120 min./ 4.7 GB is printed on this label.

I use up 200 HP DVD-R with hardly any problem with Video of our Church Services, but when I went to another brand with 16X/1X DVD-R 120 min./ 4.7 GB it was problem city.. Everytime I would try to make a master copy from the computor I would get that warning sign, Fail to start the image writing operation while burning image. That is if the Vidio was some over an Hour, my Vidio was 112.5 minutes I think with the menu.

Ok yesterday I tried some more with the old DVD's I will call them, and got the warning the very first copy I did,, trashed! then I switched back to HP brand and got a successfull print without menu, So then I made about 10 copys of the service. Worked fine not using the menu . I use that copy to make more copies,, using the copy program on Creator 10 , took 22 minutes to create the image or whatever it does then about 9 minutes each to copy.. Like Grandma gear..

This computor we use is one someone put together especially for video's of the church service. Not online. Camera is on the wall and imported to computor. I think is has something like 370 GB memory. You would think it would copy a DVD almost intstantly. Wrong! The camera works fair, looks like a camera in the cealing at WM.. with a dome dark cover except I removed the cover to bear the camera, get a lot better picture quality.. It works with a joy stick..

Thanks for your help... Dwight.

Archived