• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Mary Jane

Will not burn DVD

Question

I make a Photo show in Photo Show 5. I go to Make a DVD/CD. I click on DVD (Screen says: Waiting for a Blank DVD) the drawer closes. I wait awhile like the computer is reading it and then the drawer opens and the following appears on the screen "PLEASE PUT A BLANK CD OR DVD INTO YOUR BURNER AND CLICK THE OK BUTTON ONCE THE CD TRAY IS CLOSED." I have done many computer tests per Roxio technical support, it will burn a DVD from Photo Show 6 and my hard drive, I can burn a CD from Photo Show 5 but NO DVD, I've tried different brands of DVDs. We've also down loaded Photo Show 5 into another user on my computer and the same problem still exists. Everyone seems to be at a loss on how to resolve my problem.

I have had Photo Show 5 for two years and never had this problelm. In May of this year my computer crashed. We bought a new computer and Roxio sent me Photo Show 5 again. That is when the problem started. As I stated, I can burn a CD but NO DVD out of Photo Show 5, but Photo Show 6 will burn a DVD. I need to burn out of Photo Show 5 because I sometimes use MP3 music on my DVDs. I NEED HELP! CAN ANYONE HELP ME RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM.

8 answers to this question

After trying to solve the problem of not being able to burn a DVD from my Photo Show 5, someone told me to try using a DVD+R instead of a DVD-R. I had always used DVD-Rs before and never had a problem but when I went out and bought a pack of DVD+Rs and tried it, IT WORKED. I can now make DVDs of my Photo show from Photo Show 5 but I HAVE TO USE A DVD+R because if I put a DVD-R it will not let me make a DVD of the photo show. Is anyone having this problem. Those who make DVD's of your Photo Shows from Photo Show 5, do you use DVD-R or DVD+R. I would be interested to hear from you what type of DVD you use to make your photo shows.

After trying to solve the problem of not being able to burn a DVD from my Photo Show 5, someone told me to try using a DVD+R instead of a DVD-R. I had always used DVD-Rs before and never had a problem but when I went out and bought a pack of DVD+Rs and tried it, IT WORKED. I can now make DVDs of my Photo show from Photo Show 5 but I HAVE TO USE A DVD+R because if I put a DVD-R it will not let me make a DVD of the photo show. Is anyone having this problem. Those who make DVD's of your Photo Shows from Photo Show 5, do you use DVD-R or DVD+R. I would be interested to hear from you what type of DVD you use to make your photo shows.

Its your burner that decides which type of DVD media you can use not the Roxio software.

Its your burner that decides which type of DVD media you can use not the Roxio software.

My burner uses DVD-R's and DVD+Rs. I am burning DVD-R's to burn DVDs on my "Roxio easy VHS to DVD Program." Also I use the DVD-R's to download pictures off of my hard drive. In other words, my burner burns DVD-R's.

But when I then put a DVD-R in to make a DVD out of Photo Show 5 that is when the door opens up and says: "PLEASE PUT IN A BLANK CD OR DVD INTO YOUR BURNER AND CLICK THE OK BUTTON WHEN THE DOOR IS CLOSED".

Please tell me why I can burn DVD-R's from my burner for different projects even the "Roxio Easy VHS to DVD Program". How can it be the burner?????

As I stated, I can burn a CD but NO DVD out of Photo Show 5, but Photo Show 6 will burn a DVD. I need to burn out of Photo Show 5 because I sometimes use MP3 music on my DVDs. I NEED HELP! CAN ANYONE HELP ME RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM.

PhotoShow 6 supports multiple songs including mp3.

Edited by malatekid

Even though Photo Show 6 may let you use MP3 music now, I still prefer Photo Show 5. It is far superior and has so many ways you can put together a great Photo Show. I'm still waiting to hear why I cannot burn a DVD-R out of Photo Show 5, and it is not my burner, as stated before, I burn DVD-Rs all the time from my computer.

Is the brand of the DVD+R where you had success burning the photo show the same brand as your DVD-R?

By the way, what brand and model is the DVD drive? Have you updated it to the latest firmware?

Edited by malatekid

Is the brand of the DVD+R where you had success burning the photo show the same brand as your DVD-R?

By the way, what brand and model is the DVD drive? Have you updated it to the latest firmware?

The brand of my DVD drive is Super WriteMaster and yes it is updated. I burn DVD-Rs from my Roxio easy VHS to DVD Program.

No the brands of DVD-Rs were different. I use different brands of both DVD-Rs and DVD+Rs. However, I will go out and buy the same brand of a DVD-R as a DVD+R and see if that is the difference. I would bet not, but I will let you know.