• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

cate

Preview Window Display Problem

Question

When I import photos into videowave they look fine. However, when I'm looking at the preview pane I see mostly lines and cannot recognize the picture unless I'm at least six feet away. What gives?

5 answers to this question

Something is wrong with you video card...

Supply us with the make and model as well as the driver version.

My card is an S3 Graphics Pro Savage DDR. I don't know how to find the driver version. The program worked fine except I would get a message that the graphics card was out of date. So, I downloaded a program and it updated the graphics card. Now how do I straighten this out? I did find that by changing the Tools - options to hardware rather than software I'm able to see o.k. in the preview pane. Now, however, I am unable to add text!

My card is an S3 Graphics Pro Savage DDR. I don't know how to find the driver version. The program worked fine except I would get a message that the graphics card was out of date. So, I downloaded a program and it updated the graphics card. Now how do I straighten this out? I did find that by changing the Tools - options to hardware rather than software I'm able to see o.k. in the preview pane. Now, however, I am unable to add text!

That is a graphics chip that is extremely old, and it isn't going to work with the software.

That is a graphics chip that is extremely old, and it isn't going to work with the software.

I wouldn't disagree EXCEPT. The program worked although every time I opened it I got a message that my graphics card driver was old. I went online and tried to find a free update. I ended up with Driver Update (which I paid for). It found a number of outdated drivers (which doesn't surprise me as my desktop is quite old). I updated them using the software. Now Roxio doesn't work right. I actually have two desktops, both with the same graphics card. They seem to have different versions of the driver but the problem is the same with both. Now I'm in a quandry. If I restore my computer to a date before I downloaded the drivers might that help? I don't want to cause any more problems than I obviously have.

These are free from the mfg: S3 Graphics

You might have been able to get a new (minimal) graphics card for what you paid for the driver program. :(

It is not a program problem but a graphics issue. You can try whatever you want, but I the goal here is to at least get back to where you were and just click OK to that warning message.

I get that message on the old EMC 9 on an old PC and ignore it!