• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

File too big solution (halfway)

Mark Miner

Question

I meant Project too big error........

SOLUTION! (half way there)

Ok,

so I have the same problem with my current project. I have made about 25 projects with DVDITPROHD with good results. I make mpg2 video that is compliant and bring it in and author bluray without problems. I have not had any serious probs in these projects. Today, I tried to make a project with a movie that is 2hours 15 mins long and 27GB in size. (It is a compilation of two years worth of shooting in St Thomas, US Virgin Islands). Everything is great until the dreaded project too big error. It is not hd space, it is an error in DVDIT. So, as a test I tried to burn a CMF for mastering. The project completed! When it asked for a ISAN number, I put in 000000018947000000000000 a generic number from Wikipedia. By the way, I changed no other aspects of the project, just told it to burn to CMF!

The whole thing completed without problems. Now HOW THE HELL DO I WRITE MY CMF IMAGE TO A BLURAY? I understand that CMF is supposed to be for mastering, but I am just happy that it completed the whole burn of the project. Is there any software that will take my project in CMF format and write it to a dual layer bluray now?

Mark Miner

2 answers to this question

For what its worth, here's an update on what I know. Furthermore, I know someone on an AVID board that did have success. I'm trying to gather more details. If you had success, please post and let us know. I don't know if this problem is still widespread (widespread being relative to those few burning to dual layer blu-rays) or just with me! Anyway, here's my update:

I have tried to create several different image files (and volumes), but I can only create them when I limit the project to a certain size (apparently). I use the following Encode Settings:

VBR

Min: 5,000 kbps

Target: 20,000 kbps

Max: 40,000 kbps

This yields a 35 GB project with SUCCESS.

Using all of the EXACT same assets but changing to the following will NOT yield success:

VBR

Target: 24,000 kpbs

This yields a 42 GB project with FAILURE.

I've also tried the following:

VBR

Target: 23,000 kpbs

This yields a 40.5 GB project with FAILURE.

I'm going to try 22,000 kpbs as the Target yielding a 39 GB project and then 19,000 kbps just to see what happens. Is it possible that there is simply a typo and its expecting a size under 40 GB instead of 50 GB? The size on the computer of all the gi files match what DVDit Pro is suggesting (or at least as close to the nearest GB).

Thanks,

Shannon

Archived