• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Any software to generate WMV file from ISO file

malatekid

Question

I have an ISO file. I want to create a WMV file out of it (or a video for viewing on internet). I lost the raw footage files that I used to create the ISO file as those files were in saved in an external USB hard drive that became corrupted and unusable.

Do you know of any software that will can generate a WMV file form an ISO file?

Thank you.

18 answers to this question

I didn't realize it was such a long video, is it possible to cut in and make two DVD's. This was you could put it in videowave and cut it.

I don't have anymore the raw footage that I used to create the DVD. I only have the ISO file.

If you've got the .ISO file, just mount it up using Disc Image Loader. Then you should be able to access the files that would be on the DVD without having to "burn" anything, and copy them out of the directory structure. You sure wouldn't need a utility like ISOBuster when you've got the tools that come with EMC 7.5/8.

Hope that helps!

I did your suggestion. I was successful copying the video folders out of the ISO files. For ISO file that is less than hour long, DVDShrink read the created video folder without problem. For ISO file that exceeds 60 minutes--one is 90 minute long and the other one is 110 minute long, DVDShrink was giving the "Invalid DVD navigation structure" error message. It is the videos that is more than 60 minute long that I would like to compress with DVDShrink.

Any other suggestion? :)

I don't have anymore the raw footage that I used to create the DVD. I only have the ISO file.

I realize you don't have the original, did you open disc copier and copy the .iso back to your hard drive using DVD Folder? When it does this it changes it into a video_Folder, rename the file it to .mpg and then you should be able to put it into videowave and at that point slit the video to make it a size that will fit on a DVD. (60min) Is that what you tried? I would think that it would be accepted into DVDShrink if that is what you want to do.

I did your suggestion. I was successful copying the video folders out of the ISO files. For ISO file that is less than hour long, DVDShrink read the created video folder without problem. For ISO file that exceeds 60 minutes--one is 90 minute long and the other one is 110 minute long, DVDShrink was giving the "Invalid DVD navigation structure" error message. It is the videos that is more than 60 minute long that I would like to compress with DVDShrink.

Any other suggestion? :)

Are we talking about a single DVD here or several DVDs?

All these ISO files on a single DVD? One ISO file is the image file of what is on a DVD, so I don't understand how you can have multiple ISO files on a DVD. You can have multiple Video_TS folders on a DVD though. Each Video_TS folder represents one Movie (a movie, a menu, etc).

Are we talking about a single DVD here or several DVDs?

All these ISO files on a single DVD? One ISO file is the image file of what is on a DVD, so I don't understand how you can have multiple ISO files on a DVD. You can have multiple Video_TS folders on a DVD though. Each Video_TS folder represents one Movie (a movie, a menu, etc).

I think we're definitely talking about multiple movies / Video_TS folders from one of the earlier posts.

Just able to get back to my PC now.

The ISO file consists of one video only (a school musical play) that is 110 minutes long. The reason I am persistent on compresing it to fit on a 4.7gb disc is that participants in the school play would like to order copies. Burning on DL disc takes a long time and disc is expensive. So I thought compressing the file and burning on 4.7gb is more practical.

Thanks for all your suggestions to date.

Jess

There is a program called "Daemon Tools" (pronounced demon) that will mount an ISO file as a CD/DVD and allow you to extract any files out of it as if it were a real disc. Here is the URL:

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/announcements.php

It's free and works VERY well. Let me know if you need assistance.

Jim

The one way that I am thinking of is to use disc copier to burn it to your hard drive or if there is not that option then to a DVD RW then copy that back to your hard drive. Then put that file into videowave and export it to any format you want by clicking on the reel icon rather then the dvd. Does this make sense? :)

There is a program called "Daemon Tools" (pronounced demon) that will mount an ISO file as a CD/DVD and allow you to extract any files out of it as if it were a real disc. Here is the URL:

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/announcements.php

It's free and works VERY well. Let me know if you need assistance.

Jim

I was able to get the video folder from the EMC7 disc image loader.

Thansk for the info.

The one way that I am thinking of is to use disc copier to burn it to your hard drive or if there is not that option then to a DVD RW then copy that back to your hard drive. Then put that file into videowave and export it to any format you want by clicking on the reel icon rather then the dvd. Does this make sense? :)

I'll give it a try. What kind of file does it get generated when burned on hard drive?

I'll use V7.5 also as I am having a couple of problems using V8.

Thank you.

If you've got the .ISO file, just mount it up using Disc Image Loader. Then you should be able to access the files that would be on the DVD without having to "burn" anything, and copy them out of the directory structure. You sure wouldn't need a utility like ISOBuster when you've got the tools that come with EMC 7.5/8.

Hope that helps!

I think we're definitely talking about multiple movies / Video_TS folders from one of the earlier posts.

I am thinking the .iso contains multiple videos and I was trying to get him to divide the .iso up so he could get a reasonable amount on each DVD instead of trying to put it all on one.

Hope that helps!

This is a great suggestion. I'll give this a try.

Thanks too to Patty and Ivan.

Guest ivanatrox

I used IsoBuster before Creator has any utility that's similiar to it and still use it now... I figure I would give it some recognition :)

I used IsoBuster before Creator has any utility that's similiar to it and still use it now... I figure I would give it some recognition :huh:

Just downloaded the ISOBuster..nice simple interface.

I opened an ISO file. In the window under Track 01, it shows 3 subfolders: ISO, UDF and IFO. All have Video_TS folder and they appear to have the same files. Under what circumstances would I use (or copy structure) one over the other?

The ISO file is almost close to 2 hours in duration and close to 8 gb in file size. I am not happy with the result when burning it as DVD using the Disc Copier (V7.5) to a 4.7gb disc as there appears jumping/skipping. I am thinking of creating the video folder out of the ISO file (hence the question above regarding which of the ISO, UDF and IFO folder to use), then use DVDShrink and then burn the "shrunk" files hoping that burning the "shrunk" files would eliminate the jumping/skipping problem.

What do you think? :)

Just able to get back to my PC now.

The ISO file consists of one video only (a school musical play) that is 110 minutes long. The reason I am persistent on compresing it to fit on a 4.7gb disc is that participants in the school play would like to order copies. Burning on DL disc takes a long time and disc is expensive. So I thought compressing the file and burning on 4.7gb is more practical.

Thanks for all your suggestions to date.

Jess

If you use disc copier and choose to copy it to your hard drive it will go copy it as a video_TS folder, I tested it and I had to then rename it to mpg then I could play it in windows media player and also could put it in videowave. Now I did do this in V7.5 because that is the computer I am on at the moment.

Just downloaded the ISOBuster..nice simple interface.

I opened an ISO file. In the window under Track 01, it shows 3 subfolders: ISO, UDF and IFO. All have Video_TS folder and they appear to have the same files. Under what circumstances would I use (or copy structure) one over the other?

The ISO file is almost close to 2 hours in duration and close to 8 gb in file size. I am not happy with the result when burning it as DVD using the Disc Copier (V7.5) to a 4.7gb disc as there appears jumping/skipping. I am thinking of creating the video folder out of the ISO file (hence the question above regarding which of the ISO, UDF and IFO folder to use), then use DVDShrink and then burn the "shrunk" files hoping that burning the "shrunk" files would eliminate the jumping/skipping problem.

What do you think? :)

I didn't realize it was such a long video, is it possible to cut in and make two DVD's. This was you could put it in videowave and cut it.

If you use disc copier and choose to copy it to your hard drive it will go copy it as a video_folder, I tested it and I had to then rename it to mpg then I could play it in windows media player and also could put it in videowave. Now I did do this in V7.5 because that is the computer I am on at the moment.

I'll use V7.5 also as I am having a couple of problems using V8.

Thank you.

Archived