Scanned pictures

nodo2@yahoo.com

Question

2 answers to this question

I have scanned a lot of pictures, and made movies using Video Wave and then MyDVD. Can I delete these pictures from My Scans on the hard drive, without losing them in the DVD productions I have made? As you can tell, I am very new to this program.

If you loaded them into your Project from My Scans, that is the only copy of them! When you save a Project, all you are saving are a series of notes. These 'notes' include the locations of the files used in the project, transitions, backgrounds and everything else concerning the project. However it never saves or even alters your original files.

More to what James said. If you are running out of room on your hard drive, after you have created and saved your slide show in VideoWave, you will open MyDVD to create your DVD layout - type of project and menus. In MyDVD, select file/ project settings and then select archive photos. This will save a copy of the photos you used in the production on your DVD. Once you make sure they are there, you can delete the images from your hard drive. Do not delete the project. If you need to, you can copy them back to your computer and modify the project if you need to. You will have to point the project to where you put them on your computer.

You must not have rendered the slide show in Video Wave; you must let MyDVD do the rendering. Note the other setting I have shown for a typical DVD project with menus.

If you loaded them into your Project from My Scans, that is the only copy of them! When you save a Project, all you are saving are a series of notes. These 'notes' include the locations of the files used in the project, transitions, backgrounds and everything else concerning the project. However it never saves or even alters your original files.

Archived