DVD sticking

leeston2006

Question

Could you help me please guys.

After creating a number of dvds from video files I have had difficulties when playing them on my dvd player. They play for a short while and then stick and jump.

Have any of you guys had this problem and if so what causes it. I dont think its my media as they have been used before (DVD+RW). After doing about 5 dvds I have been unable to play any of them although it used to work fine with Nero?

Please help.

Thanks

Lee

4 answers to this question

To be honest I only use RW's. With Nero I simply burnt the file and it played perfectly on my dvd player. But with EC8 they seem to stick and jump.

A bad burn try checking the disc in a disc quality check tool. CDDVDSPEED or DVDINFOPRO. I would try a full erase before you try a burn. RW's will fail someday.

cdanteek

Could you help me please guys.

After creating a number of dvds from video files I have had difficulties when playing them on my dvd player. They play for a short while and then stick and jump.

Have any of you guys had this problem and if so what causes it. I dont think its my media as they have been used before (DVD+RW). After doing about 5 dvds I have been unable to play any of them although it used to work fine with Nero?

Please help.

Thanks

Lee

I use RW's often for my tv captures that I burn to disc and I find they are problematic at times. I only have luck with Verbatim and Imation....nothing else works well for me. And, 1 of my players doesn't even like any RW discs without coughing on them. I assume the +R or -R discs you use work ok and it's just the RW's.

I use RW's often for my tv captures that I burn to disc and I find they are problematic at times. I only have luck with Verbatim and Imation....nothing else works well for me. And, 1 of my players doesn't even like any RW discs without coughing on them. I assume the +R or -R discs you use work ok and it's just the RW's.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response - I too like free beer!

To be honest I only use RW's. With Nero I simply burnt the file and it played perfectly on my dvd player. But with EC8 they seem to stick and jump.

I am at a loss as to what to do. Maybe it could be the brand of disc but given that Nero coped fine what else could you suggest?

Thanks in advance

Archived