• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

tlmgb

Burn Slideshow To DVD

Question

How do you burn a slideshow to DVD with audio in Creator 2010. I have prepared what I want in photoshop and created the slideshow with audio. When you go to burn to DVD the Roxio MyDVD comes up with a CineMagic3 intro movie and a menu background. I DON'T WANT ANY OF THIS STUFF. I have prepared everything in photoshop. ALL I WANT TO DO IS BURN WHAT I HAVE TO DVD. If I try to delete it I get the message "Root menu cannot be deleted". I purchased Roxio to burn slideshows to DVD and it seems that it impossible to do that. Can anyone help?

6 answers to this question

How do you burn a slideshow to DVD with audio in Creator 2010. I have prepared what I want in photoshop and created the slideshow with audio. When you go to burn to DVD the Roxio MyDVD comes up with a CineMagic3 intro movie and a menu background. I DON'T WANT ANY OF THIS STUFF. I have prepared everything in photoshop. ALL I WANT TO DO IS BURN WHAT I HAVE TO DVD. If I try to delete it I get the message "Root menu cannot be deleted". I purchased Roxio to burn slideshows to DVD and it seems that it impossible to do that. Can anyone help?

The program to use to create a slideshow in C2010 is Videowave. Why are you using a 3rd party software to create a slideshow?

Maybe comfort zone??? :D

Don't know where you are finding CineMagiic???

From the Video tab click on Create DVD. Pick a DVD No Menu project.

Get some RW discs to use while experimenting and learning and start learning your new software.

VideoWave is the Editor

And MyDVD is the disc Authoring program.

If you keep bouncing between 2 different softwares, you never learn either.

Well, I'll wade in too, even though I don't know Photoshop.

I'm guessing that Photoshop gives you an option to output your slideshow as a .MPG or .AVI file? Essentially, what you're creating, is a DVD "movie" of your still images. Once you have that, you can open MyDVD, select the option for a "No Menu DVD" (I'm paraphrasing), and then add you video file that you output from Photoshop.

Burn that, and you'll be done.

Remember, if your slideshow requires Photoshop to run, then it's not going to run on a DVD player (it doesn't have Photoshop, nor know how to run it), you need to output your slideshow to a video format.

Hope that helps!

I have gone to VideoWave. The slides and music play perfectly. The problem is HOW TO GET TO A DVD SO THAT IT WILL PLAY ON A TELEVISION. A this point Roxio software is some of the worst I have come across. You can't even accomplish simple tasks. In VideoWave I have tried output to both a Video File (purpose DVD Playback) and TV or VCR to my hard drive then burning that file to a DVD. It still seems there is NO WAY to get a slideshow with audio to a DVD that will play. This is some of the worst software I have EVER encontered. Does anyone know HOW to do this?

I have gone to VideoWave. The slides and music play perfectly. The problem is HOW TO GET TO A DVD SO THAT IT WILL PLAY ON A TELEVISION. A this point Roxio software is some of the worst I have come across. You can't even accomplish simple tasks. In VideoWave I have tried output to both a Video File (purpose DVD Playback) and TV or VCR to my hard drive then burning that file to a DVD. It still seems there is NO WAY to get a slideshow with audio to a DVD that will play. This is some of the worst software I have EVER encontered. Does anyone know HOW to do this?

Okay... now you're talking about VideoWave.

So, did you create your slideshow in Videowave or in Photoshop? If you created it in Photoshop, and output it as a video file that is playing in Videowave, then do exactly as I said in my previous post. You don't need Videowave at all, just go into MyDVD.

If you created your slideshow in VideoWave, then you can do almost exactly as I said above, open MyDVD, tell it you want to do a "no menu dvd", add your VideoWave project in, and then you can either tell it to burn to DVD, or my preference, write to a .ISO file first, then burn that to DVD using either Creator Classic, or Video Copy and Convert.

Either way, you actually create the DVD using MyDVD, which Authors the disc and puts the proper files into the proper structure to burn and play on a DVD player. You can't just write the video file onto a DVD and expect it to play, it must be authored.

Hope that helps!

This is a simple task - you obviously have not even bothered to look at the tutorials or read the help files. I am sure it works basically the same way as in all other Roxio Creator programs. You cannot simple copy a video file to a DVD and play it on a DVD player. This is true for all DVD creation software. You have to follow a certain process to create a proper video DVD.

Use "Save As" to save you VW project to a project file, it will have the dmsm extension. Exit Videowave

Launch myDVD, select File/New Project/DVD, No Menus and then click "Add Movie", navigate to where you saved your dmsm project file, select it and then burn. What could be simpler? :rolleyes:

Here is a link on the workflow strategy. Its for C2009 but I am sure also applies to C2010.