Sign in to follow this  
TomJ

Vista and Adobe Conflicts

Question

Installed Roxio 2010 Pro a few days ago, downloading from the web. This was an upgrade from my 2009 version. Seemed to go just fine. All other programs were shut off, including my McAfee.

Then I started making my first Music Project Disc and things went down hill fast. It seemed to work as normal, but when I tried to exit without saving, the Roxio window started blinking on and off and I could not close it out. In fact, the whole pc locked up, except I could get to Task Manager in Windows to get out of Roxio. Then when I tried to reopen Roxio and then the Music Project Disc application, I got a new little window in the upper left of my screen...it would not expand... and the Windows Vista Gadgets started blinking on and off on my desktop. I again had to use Task Manager to exit Roxio. I reported the problem to Roxio Support, but got no reply or acknowledgement over the next few days.

I next tried to burn a .wmv file made on Adobe to a DVD using Roxio. It worked, but then my Adobe would not open up.

I did not have any of these problems with the 2009 edition of Roxio.

Fortunately, the Uninstall for Roxio 2010 seems to work just fine, too. It is gone for now....if software has conflicts with the operating system and the world's biggest photo software, it is not yet fully baked. I may try reinstalling it when my backup disc arrives, otherwise, I will work with Roxio or my credit card company for a refund.

If someone sees something I somehow did incorrectly, I'd love to hear it as 2010 seems to have at least a few nice upgrades and overcome some unaddressed bugs in 2009.

5 answers to this question

I can see how you made that ‘connection’ but really… :D

That sounds more like a PC that needs rebooted.

But “Adobe” is a pretty big basket. Which specific Program/Version/Update do you have installed?

Maybe some other uses will weigh in after you supply that info. Which Vista?

I can see how you made that ‘connection’ but really… :D

That sounds more like a PC that needs rebooted.

But “Adobe” is a pretty big basket. Which specific Program/Version/Update do you have installed?

Maybe some other uses will weigh in after you supply that info. Which Vista?

The PC was rebooted several times, so that is not the issue. It is running Vista Home Premium, 32-bit, with Service Pack 1. The Adobe I referenced was Photoshop Elements 7, with all current updates. So far, still a disappointing first impression for Roxio 2010.

The PC was rebooted several times, so that is not the issue. It is running Vista Home Premium, 32-bit, with Service Pack 1. The Adobe I referenced was Photoshop Elements 7, with all current updates. So far, still a disappointing first impression for Roxio 2010.

I don’t have Photoshop Elements, but I know several that do and have never had a conflict!

But I don’t really know what to tell you, never heard of anything like that…

I don’t have Photoshop Elements, but I know several that do and have never had a conflict!

But I don’t really know what to tell you, never heard of anything like that…

I have not uninstalled the downloaded version and replaced it with the version from the backup disks I just received. The conflict with Adobe Elements is not yet repeating, and the blinking Windows Vista gadgets are also not repeating. But now there is a new problem with myDVD giving an error statement as soon as I try to add a .wmv file that I created. I think that is a legitmate file to use, and it worked fine on Roxio 2009. I will probably restate this new fault as a new topic and see if others recognize it.

So it is most likely the original install were awry…

If others have a problem like this…

Try the Repair option from Add/Remove Programs first.

Otherwise a full Clean Install process covers a multitude of sins :lol:

Vista

XP

Edited by Jim_Hardin