• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problem uninstalling roxio

sparta11

Question

Good morning , this is my first post and i apologize for asking about a problem, that may have already been answered.

When I purchased my NEC3520AW some months ago, I recieved a free Roxio CD, for the Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 Basic DVD Ed. V 7.1.0.183.

My problem is that I can't uninstall Roxio. It is out of my registry, via Reg. Cleaner, it is deleted from my All Programs, but when I go to Control Panel & Add-Remove Programs. The following pop up.

1. Severe

Unable to find certificate file.

2. Tjhere was a problem authenticating your version. Please make sure your system is set to current date.

3. Fatal error during installation.

I'm rather Klutzy when it come to pcs and have no idea what those 3 messages refers to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 answers to this question

Good morning , this is my first post and i apologize for asking about a problem, that may have already been answered.

When I purchased my NEC3520AW some months ago, I recieved a free Roxio CD, for the Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 Basic DVD Ed. V 7.1.0.183.

My problem is that I can't uninstall Roxio. It is out of my registry, via Reg. Cleaner, it is deleted from my All Programs, but when I go to Control Panel & Add-Remove Programs. The following pop up.

1. Severe

Unable to find certificate file.

2. Tjhere was a problem authenticating your version. Please make sure your system is set to current date.

3. Fatal error during installation.

I'm rather Klutzy when it come to pcs and have no idea what those 3 messages refers to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Download and run the Microsoft Cleanup Utility, get rid of all Roxio entries, reboot, and try to install the software. I don't have the URL handy, but you can run a search.

Many thanks grandpabruce, did as you advised and all is well. Again thank you very much from one "Papou" to anothe, I've got nine. Have a nice Memorial Day weekend. Thanks again.

You are welcome. I have 4, and there won't be anymore. :) However, we are with 2 of them now, and we have not seen them in over a year and a half. Life is good.

You have a nice Memorial Day weekend too.

Archived