• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
TomJ

myDVD "runtime error"

Question

Just reloaded Roxio 2010 Pro from my backup discs, after the downloaded version had repeated conflicts with Vista Home 32-bit and Adobe Elements 7. Those problems seem to be gone, but now it has a new problem. I am trying to "Create DVD", which opens myDVD, to burn a DVD of a .wmv file I created of a slide show. I used Adobe Elements 7 to create the .wmv file, and had no problem using Roxio 2009's myDVD to convert it and burn it to a DVD. As soon as I hit the "add new movie", I get a runtime error stating it is terminating the application. Sometimes I also then get a second runtime error statement referencing "R6025 - pure virtual function call". It then closes down. Very consistent. As I said, my process was the same in the 2009 version and it worked fine. Anyone have any thoughts?

I should clarify....I do not even get to pick a file to burn when I get the runtime error statement, so the type of file and its source is irrelevant.

3 answers to this question

When you start chasing problems it indicates a faulty install. Installing software over itself rarely fixes anything…

Time to knuckle down and do the Clean Install - Vista

Thanks. I first tried a "repair" install, and it seems to be working on the functions I have tried so far. So that is good and I like what I see so far in this version of Roxio.

However, I must say it is still very disappointing to me that each of the 7 or so generations of Roxio that I have loaded over the past 10-12 years has had an installation problem. I know things have gotten more complex as more and more functionality has been packed into Roxio as it became a "suite" of applications. Nevertheless, its installation process seems to be very prone to conflicts and faults. From what I read on other postings, this can start right off from the unpacking of the zipped files that are downloaded! I have not had this problem with any of my other programs. With Roxio 2010 Pro, I had to uninstall the original download, reinstall it, uninstall again and replace with the version from my backup disks, and then repair that load. I hope it all works now, but it shouldn't take that much effort. Perhaps a "clean" reinstall along the way would have short cut some of that, but that too should not have been necessary. (And I should note, somewhere through that process it broke some functions on my Roxio 2009. I had kept it on the pc until I see if 2010 works.)

Whatever. I hope 2010 all works now. So far, so good.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Edited by TomJ

Glad it worked!

The Clean Install is really more of a through uninstall that if followed will remove all vestiges of an attempted install and all old Roxio/Sonic programs. This kind of the Full Industrial Strength version of cleaning up to give the new install a nice clean home to move into

With testing and trying different systems as well as keeping old ones around to reference I find 2010 to be about the cleanest easiest to install since V5.

Frankly, if it is up – running – stable, I don’t care if it took overnight to install :lol: