• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
fimoc

Dvd+r Dl Burning Error

Question

Hi all- I have an HP 740e external DVD writer that I am using to attempt to backup data with using Toast7. However, the burning process hangs at the "writing lead-out" stage and will not complete. The discs are still unusable at this point.

Any thoughts?

3 answers to this question

Hi all- I have an HP 740e external DVD writer that I am using to attempt to backup data with using Toast7. However, the burning process hangs at the "writing lead-out" stage and will not complete. The discs are still unusable at this point.

Any thoughts?

I'm getting this exact same error, however my disc is usable. I get a dialog that says "Verify will start automatically in a few seconds", and then the program hangs with a spinning beach ball. I have an internal Pioneer DVR-104 Superdrive in a Dual 800 G4 will all the latest firmware and software updates. The only way to get out once this hang happens is to do a hard restart of the machine. Force Quitting Toast does not work.

Edited by bighmusic

Any thoughts?

What media are you using? If it is Memorex then that is likely the problem. I've had good success with Verbatim DL media, but I don't have your DVD drive. You can see user reports on the blank media you have by choosing Disc Info from the Recorder menu. In the descriptive list of the media there is a link to take you to a page at Videohelp.com where users report their experience with the media using PCs or Macs.

You might also check if there is a firmware update available for your drive. Firmware updates enable support for more media. But even that probably won't help if it is Memorex DVD+R DL media.

You might also check if there is a firmware update available for your drive. Firmware updates enable support for more media. But even that probably won't help if it is Memorex DVD+R DL media.

Yes, it's Memorex. Thanks. Do you know kwhat causes the problem?