• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Information on BackUp MyPC?

vilmoss

Question

I'm interested in buying BackUp MyPC, but before I do, i'm interested in the folowing information:

What is differential backup? How it works?

The product works at file level or sector level?

How the product store the backups: one file, several files, etc.

Have this product a server version or can it make backups of several PCs in a server?

Best regards,

Vilmos Somogyi

5 answers to this question

I'm interested in buying BackUp MyPC, but before I do, i'm interested in the folowing information:

What is differential backup? How it works?

The product works at file level or sector level?

How the product store the backups: one file, several files, etc.

Have this product a server version or can it make backups of several PCs in a server?

Best regards,

Vilmos Somogyi

1. differential backup - This is a backup of all modified files since the last full backup you have done. It uses the archive indicator to verify if the file needs to be backed up or not. The Full backup sets all files as archived, and thedifferential sets no archive ind. The incremental backs up all modified files since the last full or incremental backup and sets the archive ind.

2. file or sector. The backup backs up by file. You can backup 1 file, many files or all files, your choice.

3. How it stores. It stores in a single file, whether on disk or CD\DVD. If you back up to disk, and use NTFS, the file can be as large as the disk capacity. If backing up to CD\DVD, it will create a file that spans up to 30 disks max.

4. Backing up several PC's. I am not 100% sure, but I do not believe you can back up over a network with BUMP.

Marlin

Edit - As to the 30 disks max for CD/DVD, I can't remember if it is a max of 30 CD's or 30 DVD's or just disks. If 30 CD's, that would limit the file size on CD to about 20GB when compressed, which could be as much as 40GB uncompressed.

Archived