Gherakai

MPEG Triming and Editing Problems

Question

I am trying to edit a 32 min MPEG file down to 3 parts. Although every time I try to trim it at a section of time like 10:58:892 as the screen says it comes out a few seconds before or after the time it said before I trimmed it. Is what I am doing wrong since what I need to do is sync up audio to video then cut into 3 parts. So is this a computer problem or a program problem and how can it be fixed?

5 answers to this question

I am trying to edit a 32 min MPEG file down to 3 parts. Although every time I try to trim it at a section of time like 10:58:892 as the screen says it comes out a few seconds before or after the time it said before I trimmed it. Is what I am doing wrong since what I need to do is sync up audio to video then cut into 3 parts. So is this a computer problem or a program problem and how can it be fixed?

I am not quite sure what you are doing. What do you mean by "trying to edit a 32 min MPEG file down to 3 parts"? Do you want to split the 32 minute video into 3 separate clips?

Trimming usually means removing a section either from the beginning or end of a video clip. If you want to remove a section of video internal to the clip then you can use a different process.

What program from the suite are you using?

I am not quite sure what you are doing. What do you mean by "trying to edit a 32 min MPEG file down to 3 parts"? Do you want to split the 32 minute video into 3 separate clips?

Trimming usually means removing a section either from the beginning or end of a video clip. If you want to remove a section of video internal to the clip then you can use a different process.

What program from the suite are you using?

Roxio Creator 2009, I am trying to edit out the part of the begining and part of the end so I just have the footage right in the middle around the 10min mark and the 20 min mark.

Roxio Creator 2009, I am trying to edit out the part of the begining and part of the end so I just have the footage right in the middle around the 10min mark and the 20 min mark.

What program from Roxio Creator 2009 are you using? Videowave, Video Copy & Convert, myDVD?

Exactly how are you doing your trim? How do you expect to get 3 parts if you only trim at the beginning and at the end?

What program from Roxio Creator 2009 are you using? Videowave, Video Copy & Convert, myDVD?

Exactly how are you doing your trim? How do you expect to get 3 parts if you only trim at the beginning and at the end?

I am using Video Wave, and mostly I just go to trim and go to a time that matches were the audio is and then put the marker at that section of time then do the same at the end. Yet after I trim it won't be on on the time that I chose. It would be a few second before it. I have tried to split it yet I cannot find where the split function is and it won't let me split the footage.

Nvm found out the problem and fixed it. Thanks for the help though. As seen before you guys are quick to help and the punch.

I am using Video Wave, and mostly I just go to trim and go to a time that matches were the audio is and then put the marker at that section of time then do the same at the end. Yet after I trim it won't be on on the time that I chose. It would be a few second before it. I have tried to split it yet I cannot find where the split function is and it won't let me split the footage.

Nvm found out the problem and fixed it. Thanks for the help though. As seen before you guys are quick to help and the punch.

You can adjust the trim or split location to the frame by using the small right or left arrows on either side of the spin wheel. Expanding the timeline display can also help to position the cursor.

Edited by myguggi