• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

delete files

nhagaman

Question

I create a lot of slide shows in video wave then go to dvd builder to burn them to a dvd. I burn my discs and all is good. How do I get those files off of my computer? I learned the hard way on my old computer. I deleted a bunch of slide shows and videos from "my collections" in Roxio. My computer has never been the same. I will end up trashing this computer. I tried uninstalling Roxio and reinstalling it, but it won't work at all any more on my old computer, plus a lot of other problems. I purchased a lap top and installed 7.5. All was running smoothly until I deleted some files from "my videos" in exlorer. I'm not having quit the problems I did when I deleted files from Roxio but again, my computer in not running the same. Is there a "secret" to deleting files built in Roxio. I have books on this program and have searched this sight and can't find any info on this subject. Anyone's help would be so appreciated.

3 answers to this question

I create a lot of slide shows in video wave then go to dvd builder to burn them to a dvd. I burn my discs and all is good. How do I get those files off of my computer? I learned the hard way on my old computer. I deleted a bunch of slide shows and videos from "my collections" in Roxio. My computer has never been the same. I will end up trashing this computer. I tried uninstalling Roxio and reinstalling it, but it won't work at all any more on my old computer, plus a lot of other problems. I purchased a lap top and installed 7.5. All was running smoothly until I deleted some files from "my videos" in exlorer. I'm not having quit the problems I did when I deleted files from Roxio but again, my computer in not running the same. Is there a "secret" to deleting files built in Roxio. I have books on this program and have searched this sight and can't find any info on this subject. Anyone's help would be so appreciated.

What files are you deleting from your computer? The photo files used in your production, the project files or what? Deleting those files should not have any effect on your computer. You will have to give a bit more information exactly what you are deleting and what you want to delete.

For example, I make a slide show in DVD builder and I save it to My Videos. If I go to explorer and go to My videos and find that file, that's what I delete. I have also found that when I delete a file this way, the slideshow that I made is also still in Roxio under My collections. I deleted these once and really messed up my systems. It deleted EVERYTHING that was part of that slide show, music, transitions....

For example, I make a slide show in DVD builder and I save it to My Videos. If I go to explorer and go to My videos and find that file, that's what I delete. I have also found that when I delete a file this way, the slideshow that I made is also still in Roxio under My collections. I deleted these once and really messed up my systems. It deleted EVERYTHING that was part of that slide show, music, transitions....

When you delete if from the Collections, do not check the box that says something about deleting all the files, too. You will delete the entry from collections, but all of your music, pictures, etc. will be left intact.

Also, instead of saving your productions in the My Video folder, make a folder with a different name, preferably on a different partition than Windows is on. That way, if you have to reinstall Windows or do a Format C:, you won't lose the folder with those productions. If they are in the My Video folder and you reformat, they are history.

Archived