Sign in to follow this  
nsldvd

Tivo Transfers/Snow Leopard Malfunction!

Question

I did the beta thing download but nothing. Spent over an hour on the phone with Mac Support but no help. My Tivo icon just jumps up and down but will not open anything. What a mistake Snow Leopard was, wish I'd never added it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

4 answers to this question

I did the beta thing download but nothing. Spent over an hour on the phone with Mac Support but no help. My Tivo icon just jumps up and down but will not open anything. What a mistake Snow Leopard was, wish I'd never added it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I installed the Beta on both my iMac and my MacBook Pro and it worked for my older, Series 2 Tivo, but not the newer HD unit. Will just have to wait for an update which I hope comes soon.

Erick

I was having a similar problem with TIVO Transfer after Snow Leopard upgrade. I found my answer here in forum. My program would crash after launch every time. What was needed for me was down load the Beta transfer version. Go to my User Library/preferences/ find the Tivo transfer pref file and drag it to the trash (don't worry the program creates a new pref file automatically when you start up again. At this point the program will start up as normal. Go to the Tivo Transfer preference setting and enter your Media Key number. I then had to click on the change where my programs are saved on my hard drive and simply navigate back to the same location where my programs are stored and viola! Problem solved! I think the Roxio Beta version of TIVO Transfer could have explained this procedure a little better. Trashing an apps preference file is a Mac trouble shooting procedure that can fix a lot of software issues. Cheers! (Thanks to Nancy on this forum somewhere!!)

I can goto >Library>Preferences and see: com.tivo.desktop.plist. That's the only tivo file I see.

Sounds like you've fixed something. Who's user library ? which media key? I'm lost. :-(