• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
freddie33

errors and disk size issues

Question

I insert a 4.7gb dvd to burn some avi movies, but the program only shows the disk being sized at 1.37gb. everytime for starters and if i just go with that size and i do try to burn anything it comes up error "cannot write tracks" I mean i can't burn a thing convert anything, Any help would be appreciated I have changed dvd brands thinking it was the issue tried it all same thing every time

10 answers to this question

1. What is the make/model of the recorder drive?

2. What brand/type of discs have you tried so far?

3. Try saving it as a disc image first and then try burning the disc image to see if the problem persists.

I tried burning to disk image and still same issue with errors. I've tried tdk, jvc, memorex, staples brand, verbatim, sony, imitation even so brand that didnt have a name I've tried alot.... to clarify this issue just started I was able to burn disks but now the errors pop up and no matter what disk brand you use it only gives me 1.37gb out of the 4.7gb I don't even get a disk in when i open the app it shows dvd and 1.37gb on the bottom....then when i do burn the errors pop up even if i do settle with the small size. I have tried cleaning the drive still nothing, it plays dvds, software fine but when it comes to using toast i get these issues

macbook pro

intel 2.4 500gb

HL-DT-ST DVDRW GSA-S10N

I have this issue with no matter what O/S I snow leopard etc, I thought it was a snow leopard issue and have since wiped the hard drive clean and did a fresh install of osx with updates same issues. I've tried a fresh install of toast same issue. No matter what dvd/rw you put in it only gives me 1.37gb

Edited by freddie33

Oftentimes this can be fixed by trashing the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder and relaunching Toast.

Thnx that cleared it up the size issue but i still get errors saying and can't burn anything the error reads It doesn't even get started then this pops up

The drive reported a error

sense key=illegal request

sense code=0x24

invalid field in cdb

Thnx that cleared it up the size issue but i still get errors saying and can't burn anything the error reads It doesn't even get started then this pops up

The drive reported a error

sense key=illegal request

sense code=0x24

invalid field in cdb

I'm no expert on error messages. However, you may try shutting down your Mac and waiting several minutes before restarting. That may reset something that is amiss.

It didnt help It's kinda ticken me off anybody else thoughts???

I need to understand this a little better. You mention creating and trying to burn a disc image. Does that mean the disc image file was created without any problem? If so, change its extension from .toast to .dmg and try to burn it to disk using Disk Utility. If that works then we know the drive is okay and the problem is between Toast and the drive.

Ok i did that earlier and it worked as i figured it would, so it puts it on the software

In that case the only thing I know to suggest is completely removing the software and preference/plist files and reinstalling. Have you submitted a support ticket to Roxio?