tonyosis7

Weird burning issue

Question

I work with MyDVD 9.0 & VideoWave. Since Roxio refuses to help those of us with this version, I need to resort to seeking help from you.

I just completed another large project that involves splitting the project in half so that I can get it onto (2) DVD's. After burning the 1st DVD and testing it, I notice that about a minute or so into the production, a couple of pictures missing (just a blank screen), AND a few superimposed black blocks over some other pics and portions of video clips. In total, 4 issues.

When in VideoWave and MyDVD preview, I see nothing wrong. When MyDVD burns to the disk, the preview window shows no issues . . . only the final product.

To say the least, this is NOT my first large project, and I am not doing anything different than before. This is my first problem. I looked at internal tracks, added layers, and nothing. So, I experimented a little. I opened a new project, and pasted all the pics and video, with no sound, text, or effect layers, and burned it. Everything was fine!!! Only until I added all the tracks, and burned it again, were there issues. I also tried burning onto another new disk, and the problems occur in the same timeframe of the production.

Any ideas or suggestions I would highly appreciate, and I thank you in advance.

ps. I am running XP on a P4 2.6.

4 answers to this question

I work with MyDVD 9.0 & VideoWave. Since Roxio refuses to help those of us with this version, I need to resort to seeking help from you.

I just completed another large project that involves splitting the project in half so that I can get it onto (2) DVD's. After burning the 1st DVD and testing it, I notice that about a minute or so into the production, a couple of pictures missing (just a blank screen), AND a few superimposed black blocks over some other pics and portions of video clips. In total, 4 issues.

When in VideoWave and MyDVD preview, I see nothing wrong. When MyDVD burns to the disk, the preview window shows no issues . . . only the final product.

To say the least, this is NOT my first large project, and I am not doing anything different than before. This is my first problem. I looked at internal tracks, added layers, and nothing. So, I experimented a little. I opened a new project, and pasted all the pics and video, with no sound, text, or effect layers, and burned it. Everything was fine!!! Only until I added all the tracks, and burned it again, were there issues. I also tried burning onto another new disk, and the problems occur in the same timeframe of the production.

Any ideas or suggestions I would highly appreciate, and I thank you in advance.

ps. I am running XP on a P4 2.6.

Switch to software rendering if currently in hardware render using File/Tools/Options. You may be using transition and/or effects that are not compatible with your video card.

I will attempt this suggestion, however, I am not using any new transition than in previous projects. Matter in fact, this project only uses the dissolve transition, as where previous projects utilized many other special effects.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I try out software rendering. Thank you.

I will attempt this suggestion, however, I am not using any new transition than in previous projects. Matter in fact, this project only uses the dissolve transition, as where previous projects utilized many other special effects.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I try out software rendering. Thank you.

When I used VideoWave and MyDVD, in EMC 9, I always used Software render, even though my video card could use Hardware render. The encoding, using High Quality (HQ), worked well.

I have two suggestions. 1) Burn to two separate ISO files an then copy each to a DVD and 2 - get rid of aany cheap DVD blanks you have - Memorex and store brands aare considered the worst; Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden (on line only) are the best.

Edited by sknis