entry point not found

bfc1939

Question

"Entry point not found" message when computer starts up. I click OK and the same message comes up again. On the second clicked OK, the message goes away. When I first downloaded EMC 8 there were no messages and everything worked great. So what's up, can anybody help me? Barb

18 answers to this question

Guest ivanatrox

You can go to Start -> Run -> msconfig -> Startup tab then uncheck the box for RoxWatchtray and restart. When your computer boots up again, it won't load RoxWatchTray anymore and there shouldn't be any error message anymore.

Ivan

Very hard to tell. What, if any, other hardware or software did you install? Usually, this message says more than Entry Point not found.....is there more to the message than that?

You could do a repair install in case some of the dll files got corrupted.

First of all, thanks for your response...much appreciated.

Installed Registry Cleaner.

Header: "RoxWatch Tray.exe-Entry Point Not found

Message: The procedure extry point?_Nomemory@std@@YAXXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCP71.dll. Then the box to click OK.

Repair installation: Attempting to repair itself it rolls back it attempt after posting Error 1706." No valid source could be found for product Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 Suite. The Windows Installer cannot continue."

Thanks again. Barb

I'm wondering how you know this error message is related to EMC 8 if it happens when your computer starts up

Ivan

Hopefully, my answer to the 2nd reply will answer your question. Sure appreciate your response. Barb

"When I first downloaded EMC 8 there were no messages and everything worked great"

The above statement is a little confusing to me Barb. (BTW, that's great that you have solved your problem).

I am wondering what you might have done to change the previously "everything working O.K." EMC8 to later getting the error screens. That must have had something to do with all of a sudden the program errors started appearing. Sometimes adding or changing or adding to your programing can cause EMC to have errors. These types of things would really be helpful to know, what causes problems with EMC

Anyway, just curious.

Frank...

I probably did something to cause the messages to appear, but sure don't know what it was. Unfortunately, I'm a computer user and usually depend on the pros to fix problems I'm having. Sorry, Barb

Have you run a virus scan lately and also got rid of any malware/spyware on your computer?

My last "unrelated to Roxio" errors turned out to be security issues and not having enough ram (256). New scans have been completed and computer working fine (I think!).

Again, thanks for all the excellent help. Barb

My last "unrelated to Roxio" errors turned out to be security issues and not having enough ram (256). New scans have been completed and computer working fine (I think!).

Again, thanks for all the excellent help. Barb

I am surprised that Windows XP even runs with only 256MB or RAM! List all of you computer specs, similar to what I have in my signature.

You can go to Start -> Run -> msconfig -> Startup tab then uncheck the box for RoxWatchtray and restart. When your computer boots up again, it won't load RoxWatchTray anymore and there shouldn't be any error message anymore.

Ivan

Didn't realize you had answered and found the solution to my problem. Yea! However, I neglected to mention there's a second box that I'm hoping you can also help me with. Header: "reader_sl.exe - Entry Point Not Found" Message: "The procedure entry point?_Nomemry@std@YAXXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library MSUCP71.dll."

Gratefully, Barb

reader_sl.exe is a process that has to do with Adobe Reader Speed Launch.Seems like maybe you have some trouble with programs that are loaded on your computer.Try doing the same thing with msconfig but this time looking for an entry that has to do with Adobe Speed Launch.

I am surprised that Windows XP even runs with only 256MB or RAM! List all of you computer specs, similar to what I have in my signature.

Well, when you're retired you sort of work with the $s you have. My computer was good for the job I did before retiring; transcribing court cases from CD. Now that I'm "messing around" on my computer more, seems I need more RAM. I'll be looking into that this week.

And, by the way, hugs to you as a Vietnam Vet, you're a special kind of guy. I'm a former peacetime Marine. ('57-'58, in the olden days the Woman Marine had a choice of getting out early when you got married.)

Well, when you're retired you sort of work with the $s you have. My computer was good for the job I did before retiring; transcribing court cases from CD. Now that I'm "messing around" on my computer more, seems I need more RAM. I'll be looking into that this week.

And, by the way, hugs to you as a Vietnam Vet, you're a special kind of guy. I'm a former peacetime Marine. ('57-'58, in the olden days the Woman Marine had a choice of getting out early when you got married.)

Thank you, and a hug right back at you for your time in the service. You are a special person, too.

Get more RAM, and if your motherboard supports it, get enough so that you can have 1 GB. If you can't, make sure that you have at least 512MB.

reader_sl.exe is a process that has to do with Adobe Reader Speed Launch.Seems like maybe you have some trouble with programs that are loaded on your computer.Try doing the same thing with msconfig but this time looking for an entry that has to do with Adobe Speed Launch.

I continue to be grateful...problems solved. Thank you so much, Barb

"When I first downloaded EMC 8 there were no messages and everything worked great"

The above statement is a little confusing to me Barb. (BTW, that's great that you have solved your problem).

I am wondering what you might have done to change the previously "everything working O.K." EMC8 to later getting the error screens. That must have had something to do with all of a sudden the program errors started appearing. Sometimes adding or changing or adding to your programing can cause EMC to have errors. These types of things would really be helpful to know, what causes problems with EMC

Anyway, just curious.

Frank...

No problem Barb. I just thought if you knew of something that you had changed in your system it might lead to what caused the problem and we could put that in our solutions book for future reference.

Frank....

Wish I could have helped, I just know how to make errors appear. Since last corrections were made I managed to make new error problems appear. However, they are not related to Roxio...so I'll suffer in silence until I (hopefully) find a way to figure out the correction.

Thanks to all of you for your excellent assistance and problem solving. Barb

Thank you, and a hug right back at you for your time in the service. You are a special person, too.

Get more RAM, and if your motherboard supports it, get enough so that you can have 1 GB. If you can't, make sure that you have at least 512MB.

Thanks for all the great advice. Barb

Wish I could have helped, I just know how to make errors appear. Since last corrections were made I managed to make new error problems appear. However, they are not related to Roxio...so I'll suffer in silence until I (hopefully) find a way to figure out the correction.

Thanks to all of you for your excellent assistance and problem solving. Barb

Have you run a virus scan lately and also got rid of any malware/spyware on your computer?

"Entry point not found" message when computer starts up. I click OK and the same message comes up again. On the second clicked OK, the message goes away. When I first downloaded EMC 8 there were no messages and everything worked great. So what's up, can anybody help me? Barb

Very hard to tell. What, if any, other hardware or software did you install? Usually, this message says more than Entry Point not found.....is there more to the message than that?

You could do a repair install in case some of the dll files got corrupted.

Guest ivanatrox

I'm wondering how you know this error message is related to EMC 8 if it happens when your computer starts up

Ivan

Archived