<_<

First I have Ver. 7 but I am going to purchase latest version if I get the correct response here. I have taken the time to assure that each song is correctly listed (i.e. Track #, Song name and artist.) and when I drag and drop it shows up correctly but when I burn it only says Track # and nothing else. Is this a product problem or version issue? How can I get it to burn just as it is displayed?

"Track #, Song Name, Artist"

Thank You

Peace

Michael

<_<

First I have Ver. 7 but I am going to purchase latest version if I get the correct response here. I have taken the time to assure that each song is correctly listed (i.e. Track #, Song name and artist.) and when I drag and drop it shows up correctly but when I burn it only says Track # and nothing else. Is this a product problem or version issue? How can I get it to burn just as it is displayed?

"Track #, Song Name, Artist"

Thank You

Peace

Michael

What type of disc are you burning? MP3? Audio CD? ???

How are you viewing the disc where it displays only Track # ?

I don't have RecordNow Music Lab, but I can offer some generic suggestions when making a standard Audio CD. Somewhere in your options, there should be a setting to enable writing "CD-Text". Make sure that is selected.

If you're playing back your CD using Windows Media Player, it (WMP) doesn't support reading/displaying CD-Text, so even if that data is on a disc, it will only display Track01, Track02, etc. There is apparently a plug-in for WMP to make it display CD-Text, called WMPCDText. I've never used it.

There is also the free HACP player (do a google search on "hacp player", you'll get many hits) which does support CD-Text.

Hopefully something here will help.

I have track issues, too. I do not have Record Now yet, but need to know how well it reads track info before I buy it.

I have CDs that have track info as evidenced by my stereo CD player showing the info, but which my Real Player (10) or Windows Media Player will not, and I am tired of typing in the data. I ven have discs with track info that HACP will not read.

My Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 shows track names via Tools - Disk Info. Is this looking at the same place, the same data, as the track info we expect to see in player software? Oddly, EMC9 does NOT find the data on the disk using its Print Disc Label section. However, it will look at the GraceNote DB and sometimes find it. I don't know why it has to look outside, and that is not acceptable to me, because nearly all of my discs are from small independent labels or artsts who do not participate in those DBs but who usually have the text info on the disks.

What I need is a ripper/player/organizer program that reads the text info reliably and organizes the data usefully. Real Player is not too bad on the orgaanizing, but I can not tell from the Record Now features what it looks like.

A better understanding of the track info would help and a recommendation regarding Record Now or any other software would be greatly appreciated.

Harvey

I have track issues, too. I do not have Record Now yet, but need to know how well it reads track info before I buy it.

I have CDs that have track info as evidenced by my stereo CD player showing the info, but which my Real Player (10) or Windows Media Player will not, and I am tired of typing in the data. I ven have discs with track info that HACP will not read.

My Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 shows track names via Tools - Disk Info. Is this looking at the same place, the same data, as the track info we expect to see in player software? Oddly, EMC9 does NOT find the data on the disk using its Print Disc Label section. However, it will look at the GraceNote DB and sometimes find it. I don't know why it has to look outside, and that is not acceptable to me, because nearly all of my discs are from small independent labels or artsts who do not participate in those DBs but who usually have the text info on the disks.

What I need is a ripper/player/organizer program that reads the text info reliably and organizes the data usefully. Real Player is not too bad on the orgaanizing, but I can not tell from the Record Now features what it looks like.

A better understanding of the track info would help and a recommendation regarding Record Now or any other software would be greatly appreciated.

Harvey

Red book spec does not support burning meta data to CD. Not sure what kind of text info you are referring to. If you are referring to "CD-TEXT", it is not natively supported on WMP and only certain standalone players will read them (as Dave indicated). Are the CDs in question, Mp3 or Audio discs? In order to add/edit meta data, you will have to have them as .mp3 or other format but not Audio CD. Audio CDs can only ping dbase server like CDDB and other to obtain Album information. If the album in question is not present, you will have to manually submit the information in order to be able to view it the next time in an standard player like WMP. Creator family does not offer product only focussed on audio management. You should consider something like WinAmp.

Edited by firenhancer

Thanks for the quick reply.

Maybe there is something called CD-Text that I don't know about, thus causing confusion. I just want to load my purchased CDs with standard .CDA files to my computer so I can easily find and play them. Most CDs now come with artist name, album name, and track names embedded on the disk somewhere so that this vital information is automatically loaded into the managment system of the playing software such as Real Player. I may have been wrong about WMP doing this. If that data is not on the disk, I want the software to go out and look for it at Grace Note or AMG or some other (perhaps multiple) external database.

I'm looking for a replacement for the flakey Real Player. I haven't found Win Amp to be measurably better. I'm looking for adult software - not kid's stuff. I want the technology effort to have been centered on making real features work well, not on flashy ugly skins or oriented toward constant downloaders. The replacement must be able to read my Real Player catalog or be able to extract the artist name, album name and track names from my file name structure that is already set up very nicely just like that. I do not want to reload a few hundred CDs!

Do you think Roxio Record Now is a solution, or can you think of something else? I'm happy to pay for good software, but I don't wish to try 5 or 6 $50-$100 programs before I find what works well.

This is what you're not understanding.The info on a commercial disc is CD-Text not metadata.

When you insert an Audio cd then whatever software you are using goes out and tries a database lookup to find the info.If it finds a match it displays the info,if not it displays Track 1,Track 2,etc...

WMP and almost all players will do this.But alot will not read the info right from the disc.

Now if you rip tracks from a cd onto your computer in say mp3 format then that lookup info is added as metadata to the file.If you get the wrong info then the track gets mislabeled.

That metadata is displayed by all players since an mp3 file is actually a data file and not an audio file.

If you then take those files and make an Audio cd you also will only get track 1,track 2,etc...

Audio cd's we know don't hold metadata so it's not transferred over.And since it's a burned disc there's a great chance you won't get the names since the disc won't be in the database.

You will get info on Audio cds that have CD-Text added from the metadata from the mp3 files when the burn was done.

Try this,unplug your computer from the internet,insert an audio cd into any player you have that hasn't been played before and see what comes up.I'll bet you only see track 1,track 2,etc....unless that is the player you use has the ability to read CD-Text.

Edited by tbrewst