VOB files and menu music

awm12911

Question

Two more issues (this is a great forum by the way):

1) How does mydvd handle .vobs? I seem to be able to just add a .vob from a VIDEO_TS folder to my project... and it works.. well, sort of. Adding a linked button to this type of video seems to be affecting the ability of the preview / edit menu screen to display anyting but black! Also, on a burnt dvd, the button to play this .vob based object isn't selectable with a dvd player remote control (makes playing the video kinda tough :-) ). I'm thinking I need to conver the .vob (and related files) back into an mpeg stream for it to behave nicely with mydvd. Anyone have any more thoughts on vobs and mydvd?

2) Is there a way to extend the menu background music so it plays for longer than 30 seconds? You could do that with old versions of mydvd (yes I realize 8.0 grew out of a completely different code base ). Thanks all!

1 answer to this question

I think you can rename those files using .mpg. You might try that. If I remember right, you can change the length of the background music somewhat, however, I am not at a computer with v8 on it so I can not give you the steps right now. I will try to get the answer for you, or maybe someone else will answer soon. :)

Archived