• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

hbricgor

installation problem

Question

I am new in MAC and in Toast 7. I bougth it last week and after installation, updates were proposed on the support site, I added the second one to get 7,02 and I did not loaded the other patch (security update...).

now my system seem yto be ready and I tried to copy a music CD.

the first phase started, and a copy phase is working, at the far end the CD reader stop and read again and never end>; I was obliged to force to quit the application. Is somebody experienced this situation and how get out ? have I to desinstall and redo ? BR Richard

3 answers to this question

I'm not sure what is happening in your case. Here is what is supposed to happen when copying an audio CD using one drive:

Insert the audio CD you want to copy. Select that CD in the Toast Copy window. Click the burn button. The CD is written to a temporary file on the hard drive. The CD ejects and a box opens asking you to insert a blank disc. You replace the audio CD with a blank disc. Toast then writes the file from the hard drive to the blank disc to complete the burn.

What isn't happening in your case?

I'm not sure what is happening in your case. Here is what is supposed to happen when copying an audio CD using one drive:

Insert the audio CD you want to copy. Select that CD in the Toast Copy window. Click the burn button. The CD is written to a temporary file on the hard drive. The CD ejects and a box opens asking you to insert a blank disc. You replace the audio CD with a blank disc. Toast then writes the file from the hard drive to the blank disc to complete the burn.

Hi thanks for your answer, yes I try tu copy a music Cd with one drive;

I GOT A ANSWER FROM Roxio support telling in 7,02 they found also the problem.

the solution available now is to delete all .PLIST file in the directory /your name/bibliotheque/preferences/

maybe an other name in English (I am using a Frecnh version).

I hope it could help other

BR Richard

Guest ivanatrox

7.02 has an issue with the sound quality of Music DVDs as outlined in the update page, not any copying issue tho.

are you able to makea disc image for your audio CD?