• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

aitch

Unknown cause of failure

Question

I was happily converting CD's to mp3 for storage on an external hard drive when the process stopped. The first message said that Microsoft was trying to discover the problem and to cure it. Nothing else seemed to be happening so I tried myself by a) reinstalling - which didn't work then B) by repairing through the Control Panel/Programs and Features/Repair in Vista. The following message appeared.

Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\SonicMCO1\sonicaacdec.av failed to register. H result - 2147220473. Contact Support Personnel. My EMC9 is just over 2 years old so here I am.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

H

8 answers to this question

I was happily converting CD's to mp3 for storage on an external hard drive when the process stopped. The first message said that Microsoft was trying to discover the problem and to cure it. Nothing else seemed to be happening so I tried myself by a) reinstalling - which didn't work then B) by repairing through the Control Panel/Programs and Features/Repair in Vista. The following message appeared.

Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\SonicMCO1\sonicaacdec.av failed to register. H result - 2147220473. Contact Support Personnel. My EMC9 is just over 2 years old so here I am.

:lol:

Thank you,

H

You’ve done it now! post-39730-1253303396.jpg

Clean Install for EMC 9 = Here

You’ve done it now! post-39730-1253303396.jpg

Clean Install for EMC 9 = Here

Thanks Jim.

I'm just on the point of going away for a couple of days so the next moves will have to wait a couple of days.

One point though - I use Vista and I see the clean install refers to XP.

I'll follow up next week.

Regards,

H

Thanks Jim.

I'm just on the point of going away for a couple of days so the next moves will have to wait a couple of days.

One point though - I use Vista and I see the clean install refers to XP.

I'll follow up next week.

Regards,

H

Just scroll to the bottom of that page and you will find the Vista.

Hello again,

Thank you all for the help offered. I have now looked into the replies and as there were one or two niggles already in my software I have used the Toshiba restore disc and given myself a completely clean machine. I assumed that this would rule out going into the Registry as the advice offered seemed to expect. It was something I preferred not to do unless there was no alternative.

So, with a clean machine I hoped to have no probelms with my disc conversion. Sadly, the identical message has reappeared.

The only thought I can offer is that the Roxio disc I have used is a copy. My original - genuine and legally bought I would add - is in Spain where I shall be in a few weeks time. Could the use of that original disc possibly solve my problem if there is a blip in the copy? Or not?

Thanks again,

Harry.

I delighted to say the problem is solved. Many thanks to all who chipped in.

I couldn't follow Sknis suggestions to the letter as I simply couldn't find all the links referred to in the advice given by his link but had a good stab at it and probably got very close.

What I did pick up from his reply was the comment about Antivirus possibly impeding the loading so I closed off the internet connection and shut down my AV. The end result after reloading was that I had a message on my screen referring to incompatability problems. I was pointed towards the solution and downloaded a 32 bit DLA patch ((d2d32_90_905) from Sonic. That did the trick and I now have a Roxio system that seems as it should be.

I found the solution a trifle curious. This is because when the software was brand new and I loaded for the first time the Drag to Disc was missing. Through a very helpful man on this site it was eventually sorted out by a download then. So the missing D2D element seems to have been the problem - or at least part of it.

Whatever the cause(s) I am very grateful for all the help out there.

Regards to all,

H.

Drag to Disc was automatically skipped on Vista installs because of compatibilty problems (Vista has it's own built-in writing)

Anyway - it's a 'good' thing as D32D caused more problems than enough when it came to reliability