• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

playback of slideshow

strohdaddy

Question

Hi,

I am a rookie at this. I am trying to burn a slideshow on a disc. It is compiled of phots and has audio to it. I went to burn the slideshow on a dvd-r and it properly burned. I went to play it on the dvd player and it doesn't recognize it. I went to another dvd player and it still doesn't work. I have roxio creator 8 suite. Isn't there a way where i can just burn onto a disc and be able to play it on a dvd player like that. Not all this complicated stuff?

7 answers to this question

Ok,

I tried it on my computer and it didn't even work. The program was the slideshow assistant and then i burned it on the dvd. I did this cause i thought i would be able to add to it with another show. I am not sure if i did it right. but from what i know you add your pictures hit next do your music thing and then pick wether you want dvd, vcd, and so on. i picked the dvd. it took a while but then it said it was finished. i burned it on a dvd-r. maybe the dvd-r wasn't the right thing? i have no idea but this just really frustrates me. can ya help me?

thanks

If you list your computer spec's it might give us more to work with. Just a word of advise, I think you will find making your slideshow in videowave you will have less problems and more flexibility.

Ok,

I tried it on my computer and it didn't even work. The program was the slideshow assistant and then i burned it on the dvd. I did this cause i thought i would be able to add to it with another show. I am not sure if i did it right. but from what i know you add your pictures hit next do your music thing and then pick wether you want dvd, vcd, and so on. i picked the dvd. it took a while but then it said it was finished. i burned it on a dvd-r. maybe the dvd-r wasn't the right thing? i have no idea but this just really frustrates me. can ya help me?

thanks

ok

All i know about my computer is that it has windows xp. i had a good friend who was over in indonesia and he compiled me a computer. i have bits and pieces for a computer. if you say to use the video wave or file, my question is how do you you do it in that program. i am confused?

ok

All i know about my computer is that it has windows xp. i had a good friend who was over in indonesia and he compiled me a computer. i have bits and pieces for a computer. if you say to use the video wave or file, my question is how do you you do it in that program. i am confused?

Open up videowave add your pictures and audio and do any of the effects and transitions you want. When your done, save it. Then open MyDVD and add the videowave file into it and set up the menu then burn it to a DVD. If you go into the help files it will tell you quite a bit, plus there is a manual dowload in the upper section of the General Discussion.

Hi,

I am a rookie at this. I am trying to burn a slideshow on a disc. It is compiled of phots and has audio to it. I went to burn the slideshow on a dvd-r and it properly burned. I went to play it on the dvd player and it doesn't recognize it. I went to another dvd player and it still doesn't work. I have roxio creator 8 suite. Isn't there a way where i can just burn onto a disc and be able to play it on a dvd player like that. Not all this complicated stuff?

Did the DVD play on your computer drive? If it did, there is nothing wrong with the burn, and you will have to try a different brand or type (+R/-R) of media.

What program, in EMC 8, did you use to create the slide show? What process did you use to burn your production?

Open up videowave add your pictures and audio and do any of the effects and transitions you want. When your done, save it. Then open MyDVD and add the videowave file into it and set up the menu then burn it to a DVD. If you go into the help files it will tell you quite a bit, plus there is a manual dowload in the upper section of the General Discussion.

thanks for the help. i have one more question though. i have talked with people and they always say differnet formats to save the dvd in. is there one correct way to save the program once it is in the videowave format?

thanks for the help. i have one more question though. i have talked with people and they always say differnet formats to save the dvd in. is there one correct way to save the program once it is in the videowave format?

I have no idea what these people mean when they say "to save the DVD in different formats" unless they are referring to quality. The format of all DVDs is the same unless they are talking about quality. I always choose "Best" there

Did the DVD play on your computer drive? If it did, there is nothing wrong with the burn, and you will have to try a different brand or type (+R/-R) of media.

What program, in EMC 8, did you use to create the slide show? What process did you use to burn your production?

Ok,

thanks

Archived