• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Big_Dave

Cineplayer fails to launch - insufficient video resources

Question

I just installed Creator 2010 on my laptop running VISTA and Windows 7 RC1 and Cineplayer fails :angry: with the following message:

"The application cannot be launched due to insufficient video resources"

This is the same problem that I had experienced with Creator 2009 Cineplayer. However Cineplayer with Creator 2009 works under XP-PRO.

I have not tested Creator 2010 Cineplayer under XP-PRO. I suspect Cineplayer will work under XP.

I have opened a ticket with Roxio technical support as today.

I don't believe that it's a virtual or physical memory problem as my page file is 9gb and my physical memory is 3 gb with only 34% used. My NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS 512mb should be more than sufficient.

21 answers to this question

2009 and 2010 and you don't think it might be that lap PC???

IF you bought CinePlayer as a stand alone I could see being upset… Otherwise post-39730-1253566033.jpg :lol:

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Jim,

It's NOT the laptop. Cineplayer 2009 works with XP on my laptop. <_< I have three other players, not to be named, that do work under VISTA and Window 7 RC1 on my laptop. QED

Dave

Jim,

It's NOT the laptop. Cineplayer 2009 works with XP on my laptop. <_< I have three other players, not to be named, that do work under VISTA and Window 7 RC1 on my laptop. QED

Dave

:lol: Would have sworn I read Laptop in there... same thing applies though.

Laptop plus Vista or W7 plus CinePlayer from 2009 and/or 2010 = no go not powerful enough.

Laptop plus XP plus CinePlayer from 2009 and/or 2010 = OK.

Since your experiment involved only one variable (OS) it is pretty conclusive. Sounds like the laptop works OK with XP but not with Vista and W7 which MAY require more resources/drivers/updates.

Are you saying that what I wrote above is not correct? Could you post the correct equations? No fair mixing laptops and desktops. The equipment IS important

Same thing with me. I can't get it to recognize that the codecs are installed.

Perhaps if you would title your posts as being related to bugs it would be helpful.

Also being able to run other software is not really relevant to this software. It is a little like saying I can use Windows Movie Maker but I can use Roxio Creator 2009/2010. Not a logical comparison.

Three other video players do work under VISTA and Windows 7. QED

Cineplayer works fine on my HP laptop Vista 64 system. :rolleyes:

By definition my problem is NOT a bug and I can accept that !. :rolleyes: I will use one of the other progerams to watch videos. Let's see there are about 35 application; one doesn't work so Roxio owes me about $3. :D

I just installed Creator 2010 on my laptop running VISTA and Windows 7 RC1 and Cineplayer fails :angry: with the following message:

"The application cannot be launched due to insufficient video resources"

This is the same problem that I had experienced with Creator 2009 Cineplayer. However Cineplayer with Creator 2009 works under XP-PRO.

I have not tested Creator 2010 Cineplayer under XP-PRO. I suspect Cineplayer will work under XP.

I have opened a ticket with Roxio technical support as today.

I don't believe that it's a virtual or physical memory problem as my page file is 9gb and my physical memory is 3 gb with only 34% used. My NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS 512mb should be more than sufficient.

I have the same problem with Windows Vista Ultimate. WinDVD 9 from Corel works properly. Any fix? I suspect a hive issue.

I have a trouble ticket open with Roxio. It's at level 2 right now. I have also requested a patch that will dump or display the info that Roxio Cineplayer is looking at to determine "insufficient video resources".

You should also open a ticket.

What is your hardware platform?

I have a trouble ticket open with Roxio. It's at level 2 right now. I have also requested a patch that will dump or display the info that Roxio Cineplayer is looking at to determine "insufficient video resources".

IBM T42p 2gb ram, 100gb HDD ATI T2 Mobility 128mb VRAM

Vista Ultimate 32

I opened a ticket. Any progress or reply from your ticket??

Edited by HBerman

No progress from ROXIO. I pretty much proved it was not my PC, drivers or other video software which support claimed was causing a conflict. ROXIO still has not said what specific trigger is causing the message of "insufficient video resources" to appear when asked for specific details.

You may have to write the mayor to get action from city hall. :lol:

No progress from ROXIO. I pretty much proved it was not my PC, drivers or other video software which support claimed was causing a conflict. ROXIO still has not said what specific trigger is causing the message of "insufficient video resources" to appear when asked for specific details.

You may have to write the mayor to get action from city hall. :lol:

I got a response from ROXIO technical support asking that I install the latest ATI drivers. I did so last night, but the result was the same (no joy!). Any more ideas from anyone here? I can run WINDVD 9 w/o any issues on the same system.

Edited by HBerman

I have the same issue. Roxio claims it's not their problem. I installed many different video drivers, a new OS partition and sent them traces etc.. However, when I had asked about what was specifically causing the issue Roxio wouldn't reply.

Keep the pressure on Roxio.

I have the same issue. Roxio claims it's not their problem. I installed many different video drivers, a new OS partition and sent them traces etc.. However, when I had asked about what was specifically causing the issue Roxio wouldn't reply.

Keep the pressure on Roxio.

OK, I installed the latest video drivers for my display adapter, but there has been no change in achieving correct operation. I CAN run Windows Media Player 11 (DVDs, etc.) and WinDVD 9 (DVD's, etc) on the same system CORRECTLY. So, there must be something that CINEPLAYER needs (or thinks that it needs) that the other DVD player software does not. Anyone??

Edited by HBerman

And now what does Roxio say about the issue? At some point Roxio will ask you to wipe the HD and reinstall the OS. I did that and Cineplayer still failed.

And now what does Roxio say about the issue? At some point Roxio will ask you to wipe the HD and reinstall the OS. I did that and Cineplayer still failed.

I was getting the same "Insufficient Video Resources" when trying to launch CinePlayer on my new Windows 7 x64 computer. I was finely able resolve this problem by updating DirectX

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...6a-9b6652cd92a3

I finally solved this issue on my HP DV9700t laptop.:D :D :D

During the installation of Windows, Windows conducts an initial performance assessment (Windows Experience Index). As it turns out, the initial default video driver installed by Windows doesn't contain DirectX 9 support for my laptop. When Windows completes the assessment process, all of the assessment indexes are stored in: C://windows/performance/winstat/datastore One particular XML file: ...........DWM.ASSESSMENT (initial).winstat.xml is where a flag is set indicating that DirectX 9 support doesn't exist. Even if you rerun the Windows Experience Index (re-assessment) the original ...........DWM.ASSESSMENT (initial).winstat.xml file is not replaced. It's probably kept for historical purposes (who knows). I discovered the file with a DirectX 9 support missing when I was comparing the differences between Windows 7 32 and 64 bit after installing a SSD.

The fix for me was to delete out all of the files in the DATASTORE folder and re-run the assessment. Apparently CINEPLAYER keys on the "initial" DWM assessment file and not any one that might get created after the re-assessment process has been run. This issue has "dogged" my Roxio CINEPLAYER since VISTA and Roxio 2009. For some reason, XP and CINEPLAYER did in counter this issue.