• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC 8

gwynlois

Question

I know this has been an ongoing issue but I cannot figure out what to do next and I need help. Every time I try to add movies with DVD 8 I get the "Blue Screen". I have read and read (which takes quite a while because I live in country and still have to use dial-up! ha) I have updated my video card driver as well as updated DirectX, but to no avail. What do I do next?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

G Hayes (61 year old grandmother trying to make DVD movies from VCR tapes)

P.S. I previously used Roxio Media Creator 7.5

My Machine:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

System Manufacturer Dell Inc.

System Model Dell DXP051

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~2793 Mhz

Total Physical Memory 2,048.00 MB

Available Physical Memory 1.43 GB

Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

Page File Space 3.85 GB

Video Card: RADEON X600 256MB HyperMemory

Adapter Type RADEON X600 PRO (0x5B62), ATI Technologies Inc. compatible

Adapter Description RADEON X600 256MB HyperMemory

Adapter RAM 256.00 MB (268,435,456 bytes)

4 answers to this question

I downloaded the video driver yesterday, the 27th. And yes, it is the 3 video I am trying to add to the menu so I will read the information above and let you know what I found out. But it sounds like I am just going to have to wait for Roxio to come up with a fix????

Thanks for your quick response. And I'm sorry I posted this in the wrong spot - this is my first time using the forum.

Read the posts. Your fix is there. Don't wait for anything.

Thanks for the info - it works - adding movies through Quick DVD and then editing them with DVD Builder, that is. The only thing it seems to be very, very slow.

But now I am having problems keeping Video Wave open when going from Story Line to Time Line. Any suggestion on this?

How recently have you updated the drivers for your video card? I know that you said you did but there is no harm in checking again. Looks like there are some as recent as May 24, 2006. Next time you go to the "general store" stop by the library with a blank disc and download it from there. Most libraries have high speed.

Updating drivers helped one person but if it is the third video you are adding to the menu when it crashes, then that is a bug that Roxio has been trying to fix. There is a long thread addressing the issue with some voodoo suggestions that you may want to read.

I know this has been an ongoing issue but I cannot figure out what to do next and I need help. Every time I try to add movies with DVD 8 I get the "Blue Screen". I have read and read (which takes quite a while because I live in country and still have to use dial-up! ha) I have updated my video card driver as well as updated DirectX, but to no avail. What do I do next?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

G Hayes (61 year old grandmother trying to make DVD movies from VCR tapes)

P.S. I previously used Roxio Media Creator 7.5

My Machine:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

System Manufacturer Dell Inc.

System Model Dell DXP051

Total Physical Memory 2,048.00 MB

Available Physical Memory 1.43 GB

Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

Page File Space 3.85 GB

Video Card: RADEON X600 256MB HyperMemory

Adapter Type RADEON X600 PRO (0x5B62), ATI Technologies Inc. compatible

Adapter Description RADEON X600 256MB HyperMemory

Adapter RAM 256.00 MB (268,435,456 bytes)

I downloaded the video driver yesterday, the 27th. And yes, it is the 3 video I am trying to add to the menu so I will read the information above and let you know what I found out. But it sounds like I am just going to have to wait for Roxio to come up with a fix????

Thanks for your quick response. And I'm sorry I posted this in the wrong spot - this is my first time using the forum.

Archived