• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

jhammers

Printing Labels Directly On a DVD

Question

I am trying to use Roxio Label Creator (in Creator 2010) to print directly to a inkjet printable DVD using an HP C309a inkjet printer. It does not work as it seems to expect to print a label on paper. I no the printer works as I can print to the DVD tray using other software. Any ideas?

15 answers to this question

I am trying to use Roxio Label Creator (in Creator 2010) to print directly to a inkjet printable DVD using an HP C309a inkjet printer. It does not work as it seems to expect to print a label on paper. I no the printer works as I can print to the DVD tray using other software. Any ideas?

This is the set up in the Labeling program. Your printer must also be set to print to disc and manual load. I don't have an HP so I can't show you that.

post-58-1254150164.jpg

Your printer must also be set to print to disc and manual load.
Go into Printer PROPERTIES and make sure that is set to CD/DVD tray! Even though Epson support is built-in, it doesn't set this automatically.

If you check in the C2009 or LEgacy forums, there is a work around for HP printers. It might still work with C2010.

Edited by ggrussell

Go into Printer PROPERTIES and make sure that is set to CD/DVD tray! Even though Epson support is built-in, it doesn't set this automatically.

If you check in the C2009 or LEgacy forums, there is a work around for HP printers. It might still work with C2010.

Thank you! I found the post for Creator 2009. refer to: http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=47276

The only difference for Creator 2010 is that the path to the template files is now C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\12.0\Label Creator 11\Page Files.

For anyone else with an HP photosmart Premium C309a the following custom jwp template file worked for me:

[Page Description]

/* Internationalize everything after name = (that line only)*/

Name= stringRef:HPC309c

Paper Height = 12

Paper Width = 12

Number of Views = 1

; 1 for print directly to disc

Print Type = 1

[View Info 1]

View Type = Disc

[Disc Info 1]

Offset = 6.42 6.42

Inner Radius = 1.9

Outer Radius = 5.80

I have the same problem, using roxio 8 I did one label, the next time it failed telling me to close cd/dvd tray, so I upgraded to 2010.... no go same problem. windows media label print works! How do you talk to Roxio support??????

[i tried printing dvd labels with Roxio Creator 10 wth HP 309A and have done the calibration setup as suggested. But when I try to print, I change the printer thru properties (as suggested again)and tell it to print on a dvd, it fails to print on the dvd tray.

PLEASE help.

post-21647-002468900 1302893501.jpg

post-21647-062075300 1302893826.jpg

[i tried printing dvd labels with Roxio Creator 10 wth HP 309A and have done the calibration setup as suggested. But when I try to print, I change the printer thru properties (as suggested again)and tell it to print on a dvd, it fails to print on the dvd tray.

PLEASE help.

You are posting in the C2010 forum to a over year old thread. You also state you are using Roxio Creator 10. There is no such program.

Please confirm what program you are using.

Edited by myguggi

Sorry, using Roxio Creator 2010

You are posting in the C2010 forum to a over year old thread. You also state you are using Roxio Creator 10. There is no such program.

Sorry, using Roxio Creator 2010

Did you notice that under the media options, you have an Epson printer selected? Did you read this?

Edited by sknis

yes, I did notice that an Epson printer was selected but that was the only option I had.

I DID calibrate the printer as you suggested, twice but still don't get to select ANY printer other than the original Epson printers. I also went to the properties button and made sure print to dvd draw was selected but that's when Epson is my only choice.

I don't have the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\12.0\Label Creator 12\Page Files you mentioned to copy your 2 HP jwp files to.

Only have those files you mentioned in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\12.0\Label Creator 12\Page Files directory (see attached)

Did you notice that under the media options, you have an Epson printer selected? Did you read this?

post-21647-050897800 1303151899.jpg