• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

HP PD

MyDVD software wont start

Question

I bought an HP Pavilion 4 yrs ago and MyDVD software has never worked (ver 6.2). I would like to use the lightscribe technology, but can't get the myDVD program to run - a popup window apears and starts looking for files, then hangs on myDVD.msi cuz it can't be found...any ideas on how to fix this issue? thanks HP PD

4 answers to this question

I bought an HP Pavilion 4 yrs ago and MyDVD software has never worked (ver 6.2). I would like to use the lightscribe technology, but can't get the myDVD program to run - a popup window apears and starts looking for files, then hangs on myDVD.msi cuz it can't be found...any ideas on how to fix this issue? thanks HP PD

If this software came installed with your HP, contact HP as it is their OEM version and they supply ALL support.

If you bought a FULL retail version from Roxio or retail store give us the full name by opening up the program and then click on Help about.

Sounds like you will need to re-install the product whether its a OEM or Purchased version.

If you go down the "reinstall" path, it might be a good idea to uninstall any old version(s) first, to help avoind confusing your system.

I deleted the Installed version and did the HP reinstallation, and lo, it now works. Thanks for your help.