pixie

Upgrading to version 1.0.3 Easy Vhs to DVD (Mac)

Question

Like many, I had trouble using this software and using imovie with my captured video (ie: imovie won't recognize it). I did go to roxio.com and download version 1.0.3. It appears in my downloads as: Roxio_EV2D_Capture_Update_1.0.3.zip and Roxio_EV2D_Capture_Update_1.0.3.dmg.

I don't understand the following instructions .....what does "Copy the “Easy VHS to DVD Capture” application included in the updater over any existing version. mean?

This updates any prior version of Easy VHS to DVD Capture (Mac) to version 1.0.3 and resolves problems that some users may experience capturing video.

Installation: Copy the “Easy VHS to DVD Capture” application included in the updater over any existing version.

What does this last sentence mean????

Download - 20 MB

5 answers to this question

Like many, I had trouble using this software and using imovie with my captured video (ie: imovie won't recognize it). I did go to roxio.com and download version 1.0.3. It appears in my downloads as: Roxio_EV2D_Capture_Update_1.0.3.zip and Roxio_EV2D_Capture_Update_1.0.3.dmg.

I don't understand the following instructions .....what does "Copy the “Easy VHS to DVD Capture” application included in the updater over any existing version. mean?

This updates any prior version of Easy VHS to DVD Capture (Mac) to version 1.0.3 and resolves problems that some users may experience capturing video.

Installation: Copy the “Easy VHS to DVD Capture” application included in the updater over any existing version.

What does this last sentence mean????

Download - 20 MB

Hi Pixie -

Just for verification, I'm assuming your talking about this page: http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/easy-vhs-...re_updates.html

I agree, that messaging is a little unclear and I will request to have it fixed.

What it means is that you'll want to replace your existing (older) copy of the software with the new update copy. You can do this by deleting the old copy first, then placing the updated software in the same folder to replace it.

Let me know if that clears it up.

Thanks,

Jon

Hi Guys, I'm a new user to the forum after just purchasing Easy VHS To DVD for Mac. I am also having problems with upgrading the software to ver 1.0.3. I've downloaded it but cannot for the life of me figure out exactly how to install it? I've dragged the dmg file into the Easy VHS To DVD folder but nothing has happened. I'm hoping that someone can help as I'm suffering from skips in both audio and visual. There also seems to be a compatability issue with iMovie as I cannot open the .mov file to edit it. HELP NEEDED PLEASE :o

The .dmg file is a disk image. You need to double-click on it to "mount" it. Once it is mounted a window opens in the Finder where you can see the Easy VHS to DVD application. Drag the application from that window to your Applications folder. You'll be asked if you want to replace the older version. Click okay. If there is any problem drag the older version to the trash and then drag the one from the window to the Applications folder.

Thanks tasantee, I eventually managed to install the software update. However, the results are no different... still skipping in both video and audio and nothing showing in the preview pane.

I've not got the time to fiddle and fart about with this anymore. I'm selling Roxio Easy VHS to DVD on ebay and posting my video tapes to someone who can copy them to DVD professionally.

If anyone from Roxio reads this... I am very very disappointed with your product. I would have been tempted to try the similar version from Elgato but I see that it shares the same parent company (Sonic Solutions) so I don't see any benefit in trying this out either.

This program requires a serious rethink and is not fit for purpose in my opinion. Please, please, please... the next time you develop new programs, test them fully before putting them on the market for sale! Needless to say, I will not be recommending this program to anyone either.

Thanks tasantee, I eventually managed to install the software update. However, the results are no different... still skipping in both video and audio and nothing showing in the preview pane.

I've not got the time to fiddle and fart about with this anymore. I'm selling Roxio Easy VHS to DVD on ebay and posting my video tapes to someone who can copy them to DVD professionally.

If anyone from Roxio reads this... I am very very disappointed with your product. I would have been tempted to try the similar version from Elgato but I see that it shares the same parent company (Sonic Solutions) so I don't see any benefit in trying this out either.

This program requires a serious rethink and is not fit for purpose in my opinion. Please, please, please... the next time you develop new programs, test them fully before putting them on the market for sale! Needless to say, I will not be recommending this program to anyone either.

Sorry about your bad experience with this product. I haven't had any of the problems you describe. Curious.