• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Stales89

Video footage is too dark!

Question

If anyone else is having this problem please let me know how to fix it but When capturing footage from my Xbox, the picture seems to be wayy too dark as if the contrast levels are wrong, but I am using a video splitter and when displayed on my TV on the default settings it seems fine. Is there any way to adjust this on VHS to DVD Software?

Cheers x

3 answers to this question

Have you downloaded and installed version 1.0.3 of Easy VHS to DVD Capture for Mac? That version has brighter captures.

Have you downloaded and installed version 1.0.3 of Easy VHS to DVD Capture for Mac? That version has brighter captures.

Yes I am on 1.0.3 and it does seem to be brighter but its not quite right. it will do for now though :)

Yes I am on 1.0.3 and it does seem to be brighter but its not quite right. it will do for now though :)

If you export to QuickTime and have QuickTime Pro it has image adjustments. I think iMovie can also adjust the video. But if you keep it as MPEG 2 there isn't anything I know of to change the image brightness. Be sure to send feedback to Roxio that you find the video to be too dark. I think they chose to push the contrast a bit to get better blacks, but VHS never had good blacks.